Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Today all the kids are gone off to school........ I need to embrace the quiet.

Last night we went to the Open house at the school.  We started at the cafeteria and tasted the offerings of the new head cook.  I must say that the bread was nicely made, lovely salad bar and the lasagna  was really very good for cafeteria food.  I was impressed that the quality of food has greatly improved from the days that my older kids went and ate there.  Our school went out of it's way this last year and got a grant so that all the breakfasts and lunches at the school are free this year and in a small community like ours, with slow recovery from the recession, that is truly a blessing for most all of the families in our county.  Kudos to the people involved in this immensely beneficial program, and the food seems to be good to, a plus. We meant both of ladies teachers and got to hear about the need for our schools middle school to be replaced and that we should put our taxes dollars where the needs of our kids are and vote on September 23 for their futures.  A wonderful night all in all.


I have been working on three cases of tomatoes I got from Bountiful Baskets, it was a killer deal at 42 cents a pound.  I made barbeque sauce, bolognaise spaghetti sauce and today I am making ketchup so that I can make sloppy joes tomorrow.  I actually ended up blessing Mokie with half a case so she could make salsa, so three cases went a long way all in all.  I have a case of small sweet peppers coming today so will use some in pickled peppers and some in the sloppy joes. 


I am finding I actually now have time for all of you as my ketchup simmers to half it's volume.  The kids are all gone to school.  Bubbles and Little Song were here for a few minutes but Mokie gathered them up and went home to clean house.  She is in full-blown nesting as her new baby will be coming on the 6th of October.  Another little girl will bless there home.  Boy was so upset when he found out the baby was to be a girl he cried for two hours.  I am thinking hard on what I will call her maybe I will wait until I meet her.  From all the details I have been giving, from Mokie, her DR says that she will have long legs like my girls, and Mokie's other girls, unlike Boy who did not get the long Kelsey legs.  I am looking forward to meeting her.  Little Song is only two months old she is a new babysitty of Mokies, she has been a blessing in that she is helping Bubble adjust to having a new baby in her life.


I am off to enjoy and try to embrace the quiet.  I only had a year of quiet between the older kids and the little Ladies so I am trying to adjust and learn to love the quiet who knows I might just make friends with it.  Well, maybe. 


I pray that you have a blessed day.  I pray that the Lord and Master Jesus Christ is a part of your life. Life without him leads to eternal death.  Life with him means that we have already begun our eternal life.  Yes, we will sleep at the end of our earthy life but to be out of the body means to be in the presence of God.  I am looking forward to being in the presence of God once I go to my earthly sleep, are you? Do you know that you are going to live with God?  You can, you can repent and accept Christ Jesus's gift of salvation and know that you will go to heaven when you die and not to eternal death and damnation, what a glorious thing to know you have eternal life.  Seek the Word of God and you can become his child.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....