Tuesday, July 3, 2012

God particle found. My life has always been about studying something to death when faith was the answer I was looking for.

I was a child that always wanted to know why and if I someone did teach me it I went out and learned why.  I have a Mother who taught us all the comforts and idiosyncrasies of homemaking.  I remember always being asked "how do you know how to do that?" I always wondered how others didn't, "didn't they have a mother that loved them enough to teach them anything."  Well with age I know that isn't always the case, but then again sometimes it just is.  My dad wanted to be a history teacher, couldn't afforded to and wouldn't give up one of his children to have been one, and still is an avid reader and studier of history.  My mother is hands on smart and my dad it intelligent, a lowly mill worker (to some) that was a master chess player and didn't that make the professors at the U mad when he beat their pants off.  He no longer has all of the mental capabilities that he once did but still knows more about somethings than others will ever know.  He is a self made, self taught man and I am his daughter.  My faith in the Lord has not always given me all the patience I need to over come my upset when someone looks at me and sees a stupid uneducated fat woman.  I am much more than that and judging a book by it's cover is just wrong.  I digress.

I spent many a year watching documentaries, or reading books on scientific proof that the Bible was real and this is how someone I didn't know had proven the existence of some aspect of it, all wasted.  I did see lots of good stuff but I missed the point entirely.  I forgot the first rule of faith. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  I was looking at it like I didn't know that down to the bottom of my heart and soul.  My dad and I had a conversation several years back and I was excited because someone found an odd ridge in the Red Sea where the wind could have opened the sea up so the people who followed Moses could cross.  My dad just looked at me sad, I thought he is getting old.  Well I must be getting old because I now see the sadness of my words.  I was like the non believer needing the evidence of existence and not understand that it is not seen.  I know know that God didn't need a ridge or a small inlet, God beyond a doubt opened the Red Sea at his will and at the depth he chose, probably the deep middle I don't know but do know that it doesn't matter, he did it. Besides, if it was a small ridge how did they actually cross it?  The amount of people that crossed would have taken hours at even 5000 abreast, so surely a small ridge wouldn't have done the job only God could have opened a big enough swath for the exiles that passed in such a short time.   How did the burning bush burn? God told it to, it didn't need the sulfur of a hidden vent.  The fish did eat Jonah and spit him out on the shore, the flood did destroy the earth and Noah spent 120 years building an ark as the people laughed and ridiculed him.  He knew of the power of faith all along. 

Today the scientist are reporting they have found a God particle.  I know that God exists beyond all doubt and I don't have a clue what a God particle is but I do know that I don't need a particle to prove his presence to me.  God is and he told us so, he is the Great I Am, enough said... tomorrow.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....