Monday, February 15, 2016

Just a simple busy kinda day.....

  I woke up and read my Bible early this morning knowing that at 6:30 ish I would get the first of the 4 grands this morning.  Dimple arrived, followed shortly there after by Bubbles who was not happy she had been left so was happy that Booboo had gone over and got her. Cubbie and Boy came when their dad left for work.  I made them all oatmeal and my day began.  I took the wet flour dough I made yesterday out to warm to room temp.  It was made out of wheat Poppie had ground for me.  I had made my first wet flour bread, that was not sourdough bread, a couple weeks ago and was really impressed with it.  I was at the Amish store last week and picked up some dough conditioner to try.  I bought a pound because I didn't look like all that much and I hadn't read the recipe to see how much it takes.  I takes 1 teaspoon for every four loaves, so I have enough for 456 loaves give or take.  I digress.  I got it out of the frig to warm to room temp and then made them into 4 loaves. I put all of the veggie scraps, that Yogie had been bagging and putting into my little freezer for the last month, and three packages of turkey neck in as well into my double decker pressure canner called Sarah and put it on the boil.  I got Poppie to peel apples with the apple peeler he is much better at it than I am and I intend for it to stay that way.  I made sandwiches for him and the kids and popped the bread in the oven.  They ate while I put the apples on the boil.  I got a call from Mokie telling me sure enough the produce manager at the local market had a case of tomatoes for me, she over ordered.  I went to pick them up and drop off soap at the hospital for a fundraiser they are doing for local kids in the local schools. Yogie needed dropped off at the Assisted living to visit with one of the elderly ladies of our Church. I got the tomatoes just in time to come home and Poppie had taken my bread out of the oven.   The apples were done and ready for thicken.  I thickened them jarred them and 7 of the 14 are in the waterbath as we speak.  The pressure canner is rattling away telling me in 8 minutes that the stock will be done and ready to jar.  It has been a busy Presidents day, and to think the ladies and I had thought about sneaking away today with Lady for a road trip.... the best laid plans of mice and men somehow never come to fruition at this house.  I pray for you and I pray for your salvation, there really is nothing more important in this life. You really need to get your salvation settled no plans are set in stone and tomorrow is not a promise or something we can set the details for with certainty so today is the day of salvation... tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....