Monday, October 6, 2014

The littlest sister makes her debut, mustard, God and time......

I am the proud grandmother of 10 living grands.  I have a total of 3 boys and 7 little ladies. I do not count my two lovely daughters as they are in all ways that matter my lovely daughters, and it says so on their birth certificates, but you would not believe how many people don't get that.  There are the comments of "well they aren't your real daughters" really last time I looked they are as real as rain and I love them the exact same as my other three children. I feel for people that have adopted children for having to explain their situations to people who's business it is not.  I do find it amazing the people who don't get it though.  A child is given to you by God, they come in many different ways but in all ways they are your real children, I digress so getting on. 


My newest grand came into this world last Friday at 8:05 in the morning, she weighed 7lbs9ozs, she is 21 1/2 inches longs, so that makes her the same weight as her older sister Bubbles and 1/2 inch longer.  She is a lovely mixture of her momma and two older sisters, though she does have a tiny button nose that may just be like mine. Her momma told me when she was a little girl she didn't like having a name so close to her older sister and she didn't like her unisex name.  Guess what all three of her daughters have similar names and the newest one is unisex so never say never.  Funnier still is her daddy got to name her and he didn't want anymore K-A-R names so the new baby has an O but it still sounds the same when said as her sister's KAR's..... to funny! what we do with the names and thought processes that brought us to our children's names.  I will call her Cuddles...... because I am sure she will get lots being the youngest of my 10 grands for the long long foreseeable future. I am sure it will be a decade or more most likely before I get anymore.


I made mustard this summer and almost to a person, that I have given it to have, they loved it.  Last week I got an offer from one of those many people to carry it in their place of business if I made it commercially.  I am so stoked about this and Belle is going to help me get the first batch done commercial and we will see where it goes from there.  I hope it goes well and starts, or boosts, my cottage industry that I have worked at for years with out much advancement. Prayers are great wanted and appreciated in this matter.


I have always been a child of God but like most children raised up in a Christian family I have wondered astray off and on in my life.  I must say though that since I turned 50 God has spoken to me in a much great tone.  I have heard his call more and have much more importantly, listened, and obeyed.  Poppie being saved and Baptized 2 years ago has just helped me more in so many ways.  I can't say that I will insist upon my girls having to date saved men because I would be a hypocrite, though I always new that Poppie was going to be saved when I first meant him it is not the same has having been saved when we married.  I do know that our life since he was saved is so much more even and whole.  There is a peace that did not exist prior to his salvation.  I think God wants that for all his children, as do I, but not at the exclusion of my child's perfect mate.  I do believe that marriage is for a lifetime and am instilling that in my ladies, and I pray they find a mate that is or will be saved. I want them to know the joy of a life shared together in the Lord, nothing is more joyful, and true joy only comes from the Lord. I have spent the summer mostly away from you all growing in my faith in the Lord, and no I am not sorry for that.  I only have so much time and if I have to chose you or the Lord to share my time with hands down you loose.  I do know that as I grow in the Lord I become a better person, imagine that, growing  in the Lord makes us more Christ like, funny how that works and it is supposed to be that way.  I know I fall short every day of where God wants me to be but I am his work in progress, and the finishing touches are not done yet, and are life time in the making but some day I will enter in to the gates of Heaven a child of God in his image and as much like his son as he can make me....... Time marches on and I am glad to say that time given to the Lord is never wasted.  I hope you give your  time to the Lord, in his Word and becoming as his son Christ was.....tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....