Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Back among the living I think, and dinosaur soaps.... adventures in color and I think I am finally perfecting it....

I have been sick about nine days but I think I am really on the mind this morning.  I only coughed up a little after a nights sleep and I am not quite as achy but as sure as I proclaim it I will relapse so we shall await and see.  I have had spurts of energy off and on this week not really enough to carve but I have drawn the carvings out and I have made soap....... yay.




I was at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago and I spotted some silicone molds, one of them was a dinosaur mold that I had wanted to buy but couldn't bring myself to spend 12 to buy and up to 8 to ship.  Another was a flower one that I had paid 10 for this spring at Joann's and then there was the cutest fishes that I thought would be good for the ones I donate to Belle for her toddler/infant sample bags. I was so pleased to get them all for about 4 dollar total, how cool right? 




I decided to use my spurts of energy to make soap in my new molds.  I got to play with colors more than normal as the dino mold only makes 6 bars so I had to make a batch a day to get more than just 6 bars.  On the first day I made plain goat milk color which if I work hard at it it is cream color, and I want to brag by saying most goat milk soapers can't get creamy white, kudos to me for my technique.  I next made dark green, a technique I have now pretty much perfected since I don't use colorants, well except for I had to buy some for my class last year and have decide to use them up in my French milled soap but that is another blog. I use only herbs or spice or heat of the soap to color with.  I made dark brown the third day, Poppie and Mokie says its purple (even cooler purple is really hard to make) and on the four day I went back to the green and got a wonderful olive color both greens made from varying amounts of my favorite green spirulina.  I think my dino's are well on there way to being little boys favorites.  Today I plan on yellow or maybe orange dino's they did come that color didn't they, who really knows but God as scientist haven't really a clue, so I will make them in the colors I like.  Here are the photos of my lovely little dino's.......




 
Well after trying for an hour to upload the photos I gave up and made the yellow soap well it is red, but that is good because red is hard to make.  I actually find I am now sick to my stomach, Poppie was yesterday so I think he shared.  Trying one more time (now several hours since I tried) to upload the photos...... Well no luck so asked for help from the homesteaders bloggers network they suggested I restart my computer, so while that happens I made my second batch of French milled soap I had grated yesterday.  I ended up making it strawberries and cream (pink) with miracle oil (green).  It smells nice and I hope it turns out pretty we shall see.  Well here goes another try at downloading.....


Well I managed to figure out how to put them in an album in google+ but they still won't load into my blog so I am at a stand still until I figure out how to do it the new way so no photos today.  I pray the Lord is Master of your life, you are saved in Christ Jesus and know that heaven will be you home.  If not I pray that you seek out the Lord and repent so you may know that you are saved in Christ Jesus..... tomorrow.



























 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....