Sunday, November 23, 2014

I love missionaries, today we got to meet ours that minister in Thailand, such lovely people.

Today at church was potluck, the Preacher calls it a buffet, but us northerner's call it a potluck.  It was great but the most special part was meeting our missionaries from Thailand.  We, Poppie and the kids had never met them but the Preacher and Pianists were old friends and had gone to church together before. They were truly a blessing to meet.  CS, the male missionary, was a jovial speaker he brought their life in Thailand to life for all of us in the audience. JS, sang the most wondrous song to us in Thai language, How great thou art.....  They love Thailand so much that they intend to die there and they think of it as home and America is just a place to visit now.  How glorious it was to meet two people so in tune with the Lord and in tune with the people they love and share the Lord's message of salvation with.   We got to hear of the Thai people that are now a part of their family because of the love they share with each other.  Their son was with them and he has just finished Bible Missionary School and will be doing missionary work with them.  I don't know if he plans to stay in Thailand or seek another placement, maybe the Lord hasn't told him as yet. 


I do love when missionaries come and share a moment of their lives with us.  It makes me aware that all of God's children are called to go and spread the news of the Gossips around the world.  Some are called to go half way around the world, some are called to missionary in their own neighborhoods and I suppose some are called to talk to you all here from a computer.  I do think that on some level speaking to you is a bit like being a missionary.  Some one out there may have not heard the blessed news of Christ Jesus and I could be the one to bring the gossip to them if only in a little way.  I do hope that is so. 


Luke 10:2, Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.


I hope that I have watered and planted so the Lord will harvest many souls.  I pray you are among the ones already harvested into salvation by the Lord... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....