Sunday, July 6, 2014

Camping get away.... and back for a nice Sunday at Church.

We had a great time getting away camping.  We went up high in the woods with Lady and Sweetie.  We cooked one night and they cooked one night.  It was wonderful to get to share our meals, and a great two full days of camping.  There was not one firework to be heard which was really nice.  The Ladies forged the creek and got on "the big rock" that they have been fishing on since they could walk. They could not forge back all alone so I broke my shoe given them the anchor of my arm to traverse the stream back to safety.





I think that a great time was had by all.  The time was so nice to just be able to set with no place to be not demands to attend to.  But alas our time away was gone and we all went our separate ways and came back to the real world. The Ladies joined Mokie and family to set of fun kids fireworks last night.  I couldn't seem to stay awake and settled into a big arm chair to rest.  Poppie watered his garden and picked me a plethora of juniper berries for a new concoction I am working on.  

This morning we got up bright and early and went to join our Church family for a wonderful day of worshiping the Lord.  The grands didn't come this week, all home with their individual families.  The sermon was very good.  I can say without a doubt that the Lord speaks to me every Sunday.  The Preacher is a good Baptist Preacher and I was not raised Baptist, and will probably never be a conventional Baptist by any good Baptists standards but I am at home in this Church.  I can say I don't always agree with all of the idiosyncrasies that the Preacher would like me to believe in.  He has said on many occasion he thinks that the older a person gets that harder they are to change.  He also says you should train up a child in the way that he should go and he will not depart from it.  I was raised up Church of Christ and I have departed as much as I will ever be able to I suppose.  I want so much for my girls to go to a local church that we had to choose a different Church to go to or go out of town.  I did not want to go out of town.  We found another New Testament Church, IE the Lighthouse Baptist Church and have come to belong.  NO, much to the dismay of the Preacher we have not ask to become members, and never will, I believe that God and God alone adds you to his Church and I feel he has added me along time ago and that I/we are to assemble ourselves at the local church.  We belong and feels we are members though by their belief we are not.  I have prayed and prayed on the differences many a time with God and he has for some reason lead us to this Church and wants us there.  WE are happy and probably a thorn in the Preachers side or maybe we are just a challenge for him to work on, either way I have promised that I will not be offended by any of the answers to the challenge we are to the Preacher.  WE are at home by Gods blessing and we shall stay a belonging part of a Church that doesn't see us as member.  I was reading a Max Lucado that I checked out at the Library.  He said Christian life (not salvation) is about 3 B's.  Baptism, Bible reading and Belonging to a local Church.  I was reading this to my Booboo and she said "no, Mom, it is 4 B's" Believing, Baptism, Bible reading and Belonging.  She is right and being trained up in Salvation and Christianity, that is enough for me, and God wants it that way........tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....