Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The cool of the morning is my favorite time of the day....

I can't say that I have always been a morning person and surely I can say that there was a time in my life that I was distinctly not a morning person.  I can say that with age, as with most things, I have embraced things that take age to truly appreciate and the glory of the morning is one of them.  I regularly awake at around 5:30. I can't say that I always get up then because it is the perfect time to read my Bible, read a book, draw or contemplate the day to come.  It is always the coolest crispest time of the day even on a day that promises to be hot beyond reason.  Did I say I don't like it when it is over 85 tops.  The house is always quiet and peaceful at sunrise, well sometimes prior to sunrise depending on the time of year.  There are no littles running a muck, come to think on it maybe that is why so many of them aren't early risers God had a plan that us aged could have the tranquility of morning....??  I set here and the only sound that breaks the peace is the click of my keys and the train horn sounding as it pass by in the background of my day.  My Ladies are diligently reading their books and that is a wondrous thing in this day of so many electronics in their lives that most children no longer know what a real book is.  Oh, it is the thing they have to do at school because the teacher makes them I forgot.  The joy of reading is fast becoming an old persons endeavor, sad.

I have to be off to work soon, and have chili peppers awaiting my return so that I can can them.  We have ice cream to make and oh so many other little things will come up but for now I can bask in the glory of silence and the cool air of the morning.

I pray the your day is blessed with a cool God given morning.  I pray that the things you have to do are many but not overpowering. Most of all I pray that the Lord Jesus is master of your life. Nothing compares to a life serving the one who laid down his life for us.  I read a sentence last night, and I will paraphrase.  The Lord Jesus would rather go to hell for you than live in Heaven without you.  Nothing can compare to that if you think on it.  He suffered and died for you and me, What God would do that? only one, and he is the only way that you and I can get to go to heaven.... tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....