Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The week that was.... that's all I got.

I won't say I have been busy because the older I get the more I know that all of us are busy in our lives, that is why it is called life and not death.  I have come to realize that life is for the living, I know that is a big cliche, though I know that in death I won't be laying in a grave resting for eternity. I am sure that God has big plans for my afterlife and it won't be a peaceful layabout time of rest.

We had a nice day at Church with lots of visitor and had a assembling of 30 praising the Lord. Poppie, the girls and I went to pick huckleberries and wild craft.  We had gone out to check on the harvesting we intended to do on Saturday after the Bountiful Baskets and the Farmer's Market (both had been a successful endeavor).  We found that our regular patch is not quite ripe but the lower side of the road we don't usually pick is ready.  We arrived at the huckleberry patch ready to unfold our plan of leaving Poppie and Lady Jay at the huckleberry patch and the Ladies and I would go harvest, yarrow, St. John's wart, and Arnica.  Well who should be parked at the place we were to park but Lady and Sweetie.  We stayed and visited and checked out the huckleberries.  I didn't pick any berries because I was there on an herb hunt but talked as Lady picked.  Poppie and Yogie picked away as well.  I finally left the pickers, to there work,  and Booboo and I went down farther and harvested yarrow, the best patch I know where is, and some chamomile.  I didn't go low enough to harvest the arnica and the St. John's wart but when we left Poppie drove out that way so the Ladies and I harvested those then.  Booboo and I took our harvest back and joined the group.  Poppie had picked close to a gallon altogether, so nice first pickings.  Lady had gotten a nice first harvest as well.  We had missed Lady's text to bring burger stuff and had brought a picnic lunch instead.  They grilled there burgers and the Ladies roasted there hot dogs on their coals.  Poppie didn't eat as it was to hot and he is not a good eater in the hot.  It was the hottest day of this year, good to be at the top of a mountain, it was 104 in the valley.  Before long we each went on our separate ways to our homes.  We, as I said before wild crafted, and then stopped at the river so the Ladies could have a swim in the river, we didn't stay as long as they would have liked but a short time was better than no time for their dip.

Yesterday, I photographed some of my wild crafted herbs and listed two of my balms on Etsy to officially get Belle and My revamped store up and running.  I then made up some dandelion coconut goat milk lemon/lemongrass soap.  It is my first herb soap from wild crafting, I love that term it really does embrace the act of harvesting the herbs (weeds) that the Lord has provided.

Genesis 1:29-31King James Version (KJV)

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

 I also love the when man fell for unbelief and eating of the fruit of the tree of good and evil (knowledge) that God gave us the weeds and herbs as a blessing against some of the curse.

 Genesis 3:18 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field


I praise God that he is so good to us.  Though we disobeyed he gave us a way to redemption and blessed us with the gift of his son, his first fruit, he sent his only begotten son to die on the Cross, and rise from the dead overcoming death, and who so ever believes on him will have eternal life.  God so loves us, yes, us the tiny insignificant human race, that he gave all so that we may live in-eternity with him.  Christ Jesus would rather go to hell for us than live in heaven without us, imagine that.... unimaginable in so many ways..... tomorrow.  














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....