Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sauce and soap is a must this week, oh! and pies oh, my......

We had a nice potluck on Sunday.  All had fun and fellowship and that is the whole point isn't it?  I had made a pina colada cheesecake, well I had extra so cooked up a little one on the side and then a nice sweet potato one.  I made coconut, pineapple and walnut sauce on one and the sweet potato had to stand on its own, and on the little extra one I put cherry sauce.  They were all winners and for the most part we didn't not have many left overs to take home.  Monday I spent 6 hours at work, is it really work when it is something you love doing?, making pie filling and huck sauce.  I recall when I worked at my first ever job, that paid me to do it, the hospital in Plains.  I worked there my sophomore year, part of my junior year and all of my senior year, about 30 hours a week when I was going to school, 40 in the summer.  The lovely lady that taught me to cook had just retired and was only working a couple days a week, she taught me a lot and I will forever be grateful to her.  She is still alive and lives here in our town, she only recently had to go into assisted living, she is 103 now.  Still as bright has she ever was and her family is blessed to have her in their lives.  I digress...... Anyway, while I worked at the hospital kitchen, toward the end of my tenure they hired a woman in her 70's to come in and bake cookies, desserts and cheesecakes.  I always thought that was a wondrous job to have cooking and baking, and some one would enjoy eating it as you baked away.  I have found a plethora of baking for your kids and grands has its limitations, eventually all are tired of baked goods.  Alas I never thought I would be able to bake with no thought to it not being eaten but I don't have to worry about that now.  I can now be the old lady that gets to bake and enjoy the process with no thought to it might go to waste and not one will want to eat it.  Again I have digressed......

Well yesterday I make 10 gallons of huck sauce, 5 gallons of pie filling.  Today I got to roll 18 pies.  Tomorrow I get to make pies for the family for Thanksgiving.  I am making a plain cheesecake, as that is Mokie's favorite, she doesn't like, and won't eat, sweet potato or pina colada cheesecake, so she will get cheesecake, and I am making another sweet potato one in leu of pumpkin pies.  Poppie loves apple, the girls like cherry, and I am making harvest pie, aka mock mincemeat, as well.  We will just be Mokie's family and us, maybe one of Poppie's friends if he can't go to his moms.  Goofy has to work and Bug is still in ND.  Friday I have to go make 10 to 15 more gallons of huck sauce but should be home in the afternoon to enjoy my girls.  I made my last batches of soap this afternoon.  All will be good to go by Christmas.  I ran out of coconut oil so I will put all the paraphernalia for soap making away for the year and try to dig out my kitchen.  I will have to package soap in my new packaging.  I finally had to order coconut soap labels so I have to goat milk or the coconut milk ones available.  I can say I am in a good place in my life but then for the most part since I turned 40, I know a lonnnng time ago, I have been.  I am so thankful for that and all the people that God gave me in my life.

I do believe that there is no one in your life that God did not put there, yes, I know God made all people but that isn't what I am saying.  I don't believe that anyone you ever meet, talk to or interact with or maybe even see is an accident or a coincidence, as you know I don't believe that there are coincidences.    God made you life the way he planned it with the peoples he wanted in your life and you are given the people by design to make your life, your life, and not someone else's.  You have free will to do as you would but God gives you all the people special to your life to you to interact with. I pray that the people in your life have made your life the wondrous life God gave you to live and I hope the people in your life have either helped lead you to the saving knowledge of Christ Jesus or that you have had the honor of helping some one find God in their lives, how glorious is God that he can plan your life and let you find the secrets and surprises he meant just for you.  I know that my life has been so specially designed for me that it could not have happened with out a creator to have made it just for me... I pray your's is the glorious life God planned for you and you have found all the wonder God meant for you and have not gotten off track or missed the special gifts he meant for you.  The most special is the grace he sent to us as his son Jesus and the gift of salvation he is...... I hope you find him in your life soon, maybe even today, today could be the day of your salvation... tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....