Sunday, September 8, 2013

Faith, do you have it? Where do you think it comes from? and where does it really come from?

Faith is a funny word, do you know what it means? The Bible defines it as per Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

 The dictionary defines faith as.....
 
noun
1.
confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2.
belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3.
belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4.
belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
5.
a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.
 
 
So we know what faith is: by definition faith is a complicated word.  Faith has two elements: 1) being convinced of the truth, being certain of reality, having evidence of unseen things, and 2) believing, hoping in, embracing, seizing the truth.   You  can have faith in your family, you  can have faith in your spouse and you can have faith in????  This kind of faith is trust or confidence based upon mostly how you feel about some one or something.  They have earned your faith by your reckoning.  You can have faith in a code, a standard or ethics because you find it to be honest or honorable, you also feel that. You can have faith in religions because you feel that it is right, mostly because you were raised that way or you have learned to have that kind of faith.  Most of all you can have faith in God.  Most people would say I just feel that I believe in God that's why I have faith, and most people would be wrong, especially if they read the Bible.  So you know what faith is by definition but per the Bible it does not come from a feeling, it comes from a very specific place.....  Romans 10;17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
 
The Bible says faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  What does that mean?  Does that mean we felt it?  Does it mean that when we read the word of God or heard the word of God read or preached we trusted what God said and believed in him?  Does that mean that God gave us the faith in the first place?  Does that mean that God gave us free will and we believed in him?  NO, I don't think Faith is about feeling anything about God.  I believe plan and simple that Faith is and always is about believing.  I believe God.  I don't believe in him.  I believe my husband, I don't believe in him.  I believe my friends and family, I don't believe in them.  Faith in the shortest terms is believing in things not seen by evidence and things hoped for. 
 
I have faith in God.  I don't feel it, I know it, and that is a mistake so many people never get past.  I have been asked before "Why do you feel there is a God?"  I don't feel there is a God, I know there is one, to feel it is to miss the boat completely, you can't believe God part way, you either do or you don't.  So many people fall short and feel maybe there is a God and in the end they are never persuaded that God IS.  and They like all other non-believers never BELIEVE.  God is an all or nothing deal, you either believe or you don't.  If you believe he gives you salvation, glory everlasting, revelation in his word and so many many blessings I can't even imagine them little own list them but with out belief you never even open the door to salvation or the Love God has for you, or life ever lasting.  Yes, faith is so much more than a feeling it is our only way, just one way to life everlasting, The belief in the Lord Jesus, and God, not because some one proved it to you, not because your felt it, not because your works were good and you earned it but pure and simple you BELIEVE God, and if you do, God gave you his only begotten son, and by hearing, God gave you the ability to believe his son,  and what a glorious gift that it..... tomorrow.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....