Friday, April 27, 2012

Cubbie has a day of naughty, grain trip today, and a play is to be played.

Yesterday turned out to be a long day in many ways. I had kids in the morning while Mokie went out and milked Professors goats, Herbalist is gone on a walk about to retrieve their camper and has taken her son along to help.  Professor broke his finger last summer, and has difficulty milking since, so asked her for some help.  Poppie and I had kids in the mornings until she returned and then she took over, though they are here most of the time anyway, I just don't have to be in charge.  They were playing in the back yard in the afternoon.  Cartoons had pooped in his pants, needs to really get on the pottie training wagon on a real level, so Mokie was giving him a shower.  Teenager came in the door and said "Cubbie is hosing the little boy."  I said "what?  and you didn't stop her?"  He said "I told you!"  I went out and sure enough Cubbie was hosing, Daddy's Boy.  He was wet from head to toe.  Boy had turned on the hose as Cubbie can't reach it.  I took Daddy's Boy in to the house to warm him up and change him.  I took Cubbie to a chair and gave her a swat for her naughty meanness.  Boy got a chair and a swat for being in on it.  I got Daddy's Boy stripped down and Mokie had to put him in some of Cubbies clothes, girls clothes are better than wet clothes.

 We took all the kids to the goat pen to play with the baby goats.  That is one of all the kids favorite things to do, Kids with kids. It also helps the little goat become friendly to people.  Lilly, who is not long for this world as she is getting mean with age, bumped Daddy's Boy with her horns and kind of scared him.  His dad was there at the time and told him he was OK.  Lilly will be gone as soon as she weans her babies.  Fairy Princess chased the goats around sure that she wants goat of her own.  I told her daddy that once a crazy goat lady always a crazy goat lady and she is one in the making.  He said his great grandma used to have them.  He is going to get our last piglet, once he figures out where to keep it.  Soon all the kids were gone but the grand kids. 

We were in the house when Mokie came out of the little bathroom, the temporary baby turkey coop.  She said something is wrong with your baby turkey. I checked on it and thought it was too warm and had no water.  Poppie had gone to get a trailer so was gone for awhile, Mokie and the kids went home leaving me to try and help the baby turkey.  I got him to drink but his neck seemed to be odd.  I kept checking it but couldn't detect any thing wrong with it.  Poppie arrived home and I showed him the baby.  He too thought there was something wrong with it's neck.  He took it over to Son's to see if he had an opinion on the baby.  Poppie returned a short time later with the nine one one.  Boy said that just before his mom went in the bathroom Cubbie, knew she was coming, so threw the baby turkey down and Mokie found it without knowing Cubbie had done that.  The babies neck was broken so Poppie put it out of it's misery.  The bathroom is now locked and the kids are not allowed in there at all.  Cubbie had a long day of naughtiness, I hope she is on better behavior today.  The girls were upset when they got home to  find one of their turkeys gone.  Poppie said they are not getting another one to replace it.  Booboo has determined that it was Blocky, Cubbies turkey that is gone, so I guess Cubbie will learn a lesson by losing her turkey for ever.  I hope she learned something or she just might have to spend the day in a seat.

We are off to get grain this morning, have a play to go to this evening.  The girls did call the grandparents and they are to come. The girls are so proud to be in it and have had a great week learning so many new things.  I think today is going to be a long day with or without Cubbie in it..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....