Thursday, April 12, 2012

More burning, A play cabin begins, and a wonderful spring day was had by all.

Poppie was gone in the morning hours so I went out to rake and continue burning the yard waste that had built up under the trees. Some was only a years collection and other areas was a collection from numerous years.  Boy came along with his wheelbarrow to help, we filled and dump our wheelbarrows in silent harmony.  Mokie, Bubbie, Cubbie and Curious came over awhile later to join us.  I feed the goats their hay but they kept looking at my like I forgotten something.  I was to find out later that Poppie had not feed them their morning grain before he left so they were really looking at me like I had lost my mind.  During the course of raking and burning, I decided to put the two picnic tables where I am cleaning, it will be nice and shady and is deep in the yard so will be nice and private for gathering around.  Bubbie played in her walker, that is always in the yard for any baby that might come along,  she scratched at the dirt on the tray trying ever to catch it but just couldn't seem to get it into her hand.  Cubbie and Curious were playing when Curious sister came to pick her up for speak they had forgotten her appointment. She returned later in the morning.  We had a pleasant morning enjoying life and watching kids be kids.  Poppie came along later,  he had a nice morning, he had gotten to visit with his friend that he hadn't gottne to see really in about a week and a half.  He brought a chain saw to fix, Herbalists son had cut into something and wanted Poppie to fix it with out the Professor knowing he had hit something with it while cutting and missed up the chain.  Poppie fixed it later in the evening, he really had hit something hard.  Poppie had to grind the part of the saw that feeds into the bar and sharpen it twice before it would cut.  The teeth were really hit hard and chipped badly.  Poppie will take it back this morning. 

Once Poppie was home, I told him my ideas about where to but the tables, move some of the vehicles and the boat.  We thought it was a great idea.  To really put our ideas into actions we had to move about 20 logs that we had gotten to make a small cabin in the back yard, originally to be a studio, but as Poppie got me another one we hadn't really gone through with it.  We had used part of the logs as pig houses, two to be exact and they work wonderfully.  Poppie said he would use the rest of the logs to make a small log cabin for the kids in the back yard.  We were both dreading lifting the heavy logs.  Poppie got the great idea to use Brothers dolly to move them with.  It worked out wonderfully we got the first row and a half up,  and Poppie got about half of them moved over to where we need them.  Once we get the rest of the logs moved we will move Bug's truck and the boat.  The canopies will be set over the septic system for storage and a protection to keep people or vehicles from inadvertently being on it.  It will really be nice to have the nice open area, it will really tie the yard together in a way it hasn't been since we moved into the new house.  We have a some fence to finish putting in and then all the dogs can be allowed to roam the yard freely.  I will like having the protection they will provide especially when the cougars come back.  I will be able to let the goats come into the yard as well. I have no flowers left in my yard, and once the fences are in the garden will be totally enclosed, so I can put some flowers in there.  We will have to make four new gates but that will add protection for the kids and dogs.  We are going to put wheels on the gates that will allow vehicles to pass through so they won't hang on the fence posts to heavy when we open them.  We are hoping to get to finish stacking the logs on the little cabin today.  I want Poppie puts in some counters in the play cabin, I can imagine the girls wanting to sleep in it already this summer.  It is to raining today but I hope it is not a down pour but if it is I am sure I will find something to do in the house.  I have some laundry, and I have just gotten my first fleeces to work from scratch.  I hope I do a good job on them.  I may get to carve a little this morning..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....