Saturday, April 14, 2012

Poppie is getting older, yard to finish one more day of sunshine promised.

Poppie is another year older today.  We are going to have our first barbecue later today.  He will of course do the grilling.  We made great progress in the yard yesterday.  I built a rock wall yesterday out of half of the dry stacked foundation that was going to be on the log cabin we didn't make.  I used half of the rocks to make a flower bed over the septic tank.  I framed around it and will plant the old fashion roses that we have carried from one house to the other over the years of our marriage.  We got a start at our first home and have had them at each of the houses we have lived in, all five.  I also have some darker ones that my mother gave me years ago and I have had the two color, light pink almost white ones (the originals) and dark vibrant pink ones.  They will fill in the flower bed and keep anyone from driving on the septic tank that will be much prettier in the end than the canopies, they will go between the goat pen and the back of the kids little cabin.  We are hoping to get a lot of it finished today.  The rock wall I made finished the look of the front yard, it continued the wall from the walk  by the pond, framing in the rest of the yard and making a delineation to the picnic area and campfire part of the yard.  Boy helped me load rocks into the two wheelbarrows and push them to where we needed them. I carried most of the big rock it was easier than loading them twice but the small fill rock we wheel borrowed.  Poppie racked needles and small rocks that we gather from him.  The yard will look so nice and finally be a real yard,  the grass has finally filled in from when we had the house put in five years ago.  We will hopefully get the boat and truck moved today to finish off the cleaning. 

Poppie is picking up charcoal bricks and spikes to help out with the plans.  Bricks for the grilling and spikes and gas to finish up the cabin.  The kids will be here to see it go up so that will be nice for them to remember, now if I can remember to get some pictures, I am not always good at that.  The girls will make a cake for Poppie, his favorite is chocolate with cherries, gnateau and whip cream.  We will make up a couple salads to go with the steaks and have a nice dinner on the deck.  I love days with so much to do and no dead lines to have to do it.  Well that is our usual life but more so today I would say....... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....