Thursday, April 26, 2012

The floor is getting closer to done, yay, Boutique order done, spring cleaning getting accomplished, slowly.

Poppie is making great strides on the floor.  Today we have to finish moving the last of the furniture to the new floor area until it is all installed.  We will probably have just enough left over to refloor the old office/ new sewing room.  That will be nice as it is so hard to find lost stick pins in a carpet.  Mishka is still afraid of the flooring and is like a cat on a hot tin roof when she actually has to walk on it.  She is not even hungry enough to walk across the floor to get her food, I felt pity on her yesterday and took her food out to the chain when we put her out on it.  I can't wait for the fence to be done she won't have to be on it any longer.  She doesn't mind it like most dogs to, she will trot right out and set like a lady while you but it on her.  The new flooring has really got us excited about the spring cleaning in the house, I do like when you can move it all around, get new look, and clean down under.

I finished up my diaper cover order to the boutique, will ship it out later today.  I hope they do well at the boutique it would be a nice client to have regularly.  I ended up making 16 preemie to size 3's. I made up a new items yesterday and I am going to list it today. I made a diaper cover that has a little skirt on it with an appliqued crocheted flower on the front.  I think it is cute and hope it does well, would love to make more.  I sold a peacock feather painting as well, I need to make up more of them, I have actually sold most of the ones I had on hand, and I have a whole stack of new feathers, Poppie will have to make up some frames when he gets a minute that is not busy.  Which could be awhile.

 The ladies are tireder every day but sort of getting used to the schedule.  We have to go get grain tomorrow and go to the play in the evening.  The girls asked Grandpa and Grandma to come, Matt, Kathy and Only as well. It should be a nice evening, they both have little lines they are practising and lots of singing and dancing. Spring is one of my favorite times of the year, it has such a renewing quality about it that it makes you think that anything is possible or obtainable.  I love the warmth, that isn't too hot, and the time spent outside with the kids and animals. It is to rain today so will probably be in the house most of the day, I have a few loads of laundry to do.  Poppie brought me home a sheep fleece that Herbalist is throwing out.  I think he is getting me another one as well but want to make sure I wanted it before he brought it home.  She had stored it but her cats got into it and peed on the bag.  She thought it was ruined so threw it in the trash and Poppie rescued it.  I was a little skeptical but opened up the bag, and yes it is stinky but it is wool for a dirt sheep stinky not urine in the bag.  It is a blessing, although rolled in odor, a diamond in the rough so to speak. All rebagged and usable. I am going to bring my antique wash tub, with wooden winger, on to the porch to process the wool.  I have to pick up some laundry washing bags at Wally World to do it so won't attempt it until next week.  I am excited because each bag has as much wool in it as the three fleeces I bough and paid 148 dollars for.  I will glad of the blessing, and as it is much dirtier wool and has not been skirted, I will learn lots processing it.  I always maintain to my kids if there is something you don't like doing do it first it gets it out of the way.  I think that if I start with old dirty wool, new cleaner will be a treat.  Have a great day and remember to do something special just for you, God teaches us to love ourselves how else could we love others...... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....