Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Still plugging along. I miss the girls in the evenings, they are having fun.

Poppie is still working on the flooring, he is making progress and it will be so nice when it is done. Mishka is still terrified of the floor and the carpeted area is getting smaller and smaller.  I tried to coax her on to the sub flooring and slowly she gingerly put one foot down, then two, finally three but the fourth was only accomplished when I gave her treats, she then retreated back to the sub flooring.  Poppie roars with laughter each time my giant dog acts so afraid.  I am thinking we spent to much on the fencing, all we had to do was buy some flooring and encircle the yard and she would be secured in to staying in it.  It is way to funny to see a dog that would, and does face a bear daily, afraid of the sub flooring and laminate we are installing.  The bear tipped our trash can over right outside of the door so when Mishka wanted out at 2:30 she was doing her job, she scared it right away.  Now if only she can conquer the flooring!

I am hoping to make up a new facial cleaner today with the liquid soap I made over the weekend.  I have a few ideas on how I am going to tweak the recipe.  I will include input from the feedback that I got from Lady and Belle.  I finished up my diaper covers and used the new lanolin soap on them and it is a success I think.  I just cut a little shred off, mix with warm water and then soak the cover in it.  It has a nice smell, vanilla, I thought that would mask the lanolin smell.  Next time I think I will make it lavender, it is supposed to have a moth proofing quality.  I can't wait until the flooring is done and I can move my house around.  The office will be the sewing room, the front room with include a dinning area and a computer area.  The kitchen will be more streamline, and the laundry room has already made room for my soap and lotion making supplies, scrubs too.

I think I will try and do some pen and inking today, I still have not found anytime to carve all year.  I have been hoping to give my lungs a break but it is getting to a time when I really need to get to work.  We are ordering grain today and need to go get it tomorrow. I have to do some craigslist listings for goats and maybe pigs.  I have some doelings, a little buck and maybe a pig to list.  The weaners will be ready to go home soon.  The two biggest piglets, well probably not piglets any more, are soon off to the butcher and to their new homes, in packages.  It is supposed to be nice again today.  That will be great.  Maybe some outside time,  yesterday I fed the goats while Poppie was gone.  Boy is helping us collect eggs daily, the only draw back is that he checks them about 20 times a day, sometimes ever 10 minutes.  He is helping to keep the naughty ones that eat eggs from getting many.  We have heard it is hard to break them once they start, I really don't want to clip all their beaks to find the perpetrators.  We discovered that when we had bred the rabbits we but the male back in the female's hutch.  They have really close tattoos in their ears, the does includes N8 on her tattoo and the buck has NB so Poppie mixed them up when he put them back in their own hutches.  We weren't area of it until we but a new female in with the buck to be bred and they went to fighting like a cat and a dog.  All are currently back in their own hutch and all is as it should be.

The girls were all excited when they got home last night, the practises are 4 and half hours after school so long days for them.  They both showed us what their particular parts were, the wanted to sing and dance the night away.  Since they were just getting home at bed time they took awhile to wined down.  They are moving a little slow this morning.  They are already tire but loving every minute of it.  The performance is Friday and it might be a long week.  Coffee to drink and a day to conquer.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....