Sunday, May 20, 2012

Cheddar wheel in the press, Cubbie and Boy all night, life is like sand in my hand.

It is said that sand is ever flowing, much like water, you can't hold it as it flows continuously on.  I think that God has given them both to us as examples of life.  You try to hold them steady, or crush them tight in your hand but they ever flow forward.  Life is something we can embrace and enjoy but we can't stop and hold it at anyone place.  We can try to make time stationary or keep it like it is but it ever flows forward going to new highs and new lows to the end of our days on this earth.  God wants us to experience the all of human life, we don't get to lock ourselves in a single place or time, we must go forward into our lives as it changes and ebbs to our death.  I think it is a masterful plan, not that anything God has ever done isn't, but how many of us would stay in a place of joy or a wonderful time and never advance, grow or evolve to the person we are to become.  It is said with age comes wisdom and knowledge.  It is so true the older we get the more we know, the more we have experienced and the more we can council the young in our lives.  They don't always listen, or want to hear what we have to say, sometimes because they haven't yet learned any of the knowledge or wisdom that they will acquire as they age. A circle, or cycle, that is never ending, when we are young we don't appreciate the person we will become or the aged that God has gifted us with.  We are a faulty creature we humans, we seem to make the same mistakes generationally into perpetuity backwards and forwards in time.

I made five gallons of milk into a nice large round of cheddar, white cheddar, I have a little bit of a reservation about making it yellow, though I have as it is what some people like.  This is my second ever cheddar, the first one had great flavor but it was pressed a little to heavy so was a bit dry, I have learned that goat cheese can be drier, so I am trying this year to press lighter and try to improve my end product. I am happy to be making cheese this year, didn't make alot last year as I got behind the eight ball and had to work at getting it done.  I also have a lot more milk this year so I have the right amount of milk to make a nice batch every other day, I just have to stay up with it.  I have made 7 batches already, feta, blue feta, mozzarella/ricotta, Swiss and now cheddar.  I hope they there ends up be come good ones in the batch.

Cubbie and Boy are over for the night, they got permission from their dad to come over and they go to Church with us.  They have both assured me they will be good at Church, we will see, if they are they will get to go with us more.  Son was sort of embarrassed by their antics at Church so hasn't gone back, if they end up being nice they may just get daddy to take them regularly which would be a blessing.  God will guide them along the path of where their budding faiths should go,  and maybe a little bit of Nannie's teaching them how to me nice when Momma isn't their to save them.  They are usually much better behaved then they are in public with me so we will see how good they do. Have a blessed Sunday and enjoy the Lord where ever you got to praise and fellowship with him.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....