Wednesday, May 16, 2012

People are like water we level out and go with the flow of life.

I have said before that I like to watch people and in the last few years I see less people, so watch less I suppose, but have had a life time of watching lots of people from different places and from different points of few.  As a child I watched, like any child, my parents, family and close friends.  I am not sure that I saw people out side of that, I truly believed as a small child, that anybody outside of that realm were cardboard and for some reason I was always trying to look behind them to see the corrugated back part of them.  I am not sure why I thought that but for some reason I could never quite get a view of their backside.  I don't really know when I stopped believing that.  I do know that all of my childhood was never ending movement, we began moving from one place to the next before I was even born.  I got to see people from one place to the next, lived in 6 states, went to 13 schools and lived in 42 houses before I was married.  I meant a lot of people in a lot of different circumstances and situations along the way.  I think that maybe that is why I became a people watcher.  As an adult I began to watch people in different more advanced ways, no more cardboard people, people had compassion, love, depth and lives of their own, that made them as whole and human as me.

One of the things that I do know about people is they are like water, they never stop aging, moving along in life or just flowing along.  People flow along for many different reasons.  We age all of our lives, we are from day one closer to death each day we live.  So birth might be called the first stage of death. Our bodies grow from conception to birth in a pattern that most bodies follow, yes, occasionally a body gets off track and is born abnormal or truly different.  Did you know that babies are not born with knee caps?  They don't even grow them until after they learn to crawl, see why it doesn't hurt them to crawl around on their knees but it kill us adults.  We are born perfect little humans, life happens our bodies deteriorate and then we die.  We don't rejuvenate and go on for ever, I suppose in that respect we are not like water but in so many others ways we are. 

Did you ever think about how people flow to or level out with the people they are the most like?  I can't say I have ever saw a Church lady who's best friend was a whore, yes, they minister to them but they don't take them home with them long term.  Do the ultra rich befriend the homeless?  The Jones surely aren't having tea with the people they consider lesser than themselves unless it is out of pity.  We do tend to level to our own groups.  Ever see a high powered CEO business woman at a quilting bee?  Like does find like.  So in that respect you can see a lot or know a lot about a person by the friends they keep.  Oh, you can be hoodwinked a little when some one moves in and has tried to change them selves and pretends to belong in one group but eventually, unless they have had a metamorphoses and have truly changed their lives, they will be rooted out and will eventually level out to the group they belong in.  God can make that change in peoples lives, the whore can become the Church lady and truly belong in that group.  The CEO can walk away from her powerful life for the love of a child or husband but those are the exceptions not the rule.  The Mississippi did actually run up stream for several hours after a major earth quakes in the 1800's, so water too can change it's path, and when it did run back down stream, after the earth quake, a whole town had changed sides of the river. The whore became the Church lady?  People can and do change but not by accident they have to want to be better people and work at being a changed person.  God can give a person the strength and ability to make great changes.

Ever see a couple married, or together, long term that didn't have the same values?  Really?  I have never.  They can seem different but long term relationships, unlike new relationships, don't survive to be long term relationships, if the two people involved are ethical, morally and compassionately different.  Yes, opposites can, and do, attract but unless down deep they are of like nature or can't become of like nature they don't survive.  The bible does say you can't yoke unequals together.  I am not sure that only refers to belief in God, I think it applies to most aspects of who we are.  The victim of a relationship eventually leaves, dies, or kills the abuser.  The rebel drug using alcoholic eventually loses the God fearing mate once there is no hope they can change their mate and they have to save themselves. 

People are like water, they flow to their own level in life, they are always flowing into or onto a new aspect of their lives, sometimes they get caught in a backwater but eventually they flow on to the rest of their life and on to eternity. ..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....