Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Floor done! Feta into the brine, life is meandering.....

Poppie got the floor done, trim on the walls, the room can be put back together and the stove can go back into it's place.  I am amazed how much larger the room looks, I am not sure that it is due to the carpet being gone, the flow of the room or just in my mind.  I do so hate carpets.  I am not all that good with them at best but with over a year of no grass and lots of dust, nine dogs, goats, cats and kids the odds were against me to begin with.  I guess I will never be a carpet lady.  I am not saying it will be any easier to keep the dirt off of the floor but it sure won't be down and under where you can't get at it.  I can see it broom it and get rid of it. We do have enough left to start Booboo's room, they took a vote and decided that would be where we would floor next.

The Ladies ended  up with three chicks, the other two eggs turned out not to be fertilized so they did really good having turned them by hand.  All that were fertile hatched.  They are so encouraged they set up the other incubator and put in 14 more eggs.  These will all be sexlinks, the first chicks were from eggs from Shinny so not sure what they are.  The chickens must have heard my threats to their existence and are now laying eggs properly. 

I got to go to CAKLS yesterday it was so nice to be there,  I got to have a nice conversation with Shorts before the meeting, is it really a meeting? I would say more a gathering of cacklers.  They are redoing the library's set up and flow so chatted as she painted the walls that didn't get painted last time due to something being in front of them.  She had the cutest little roller she dipped right into the 5 gallon bucket.  She was doing a wonderful job of not dripping any on the new carpets as we chatted away.  She made a good advance on the painting as well, multi-tasking in action.  I got to talk to Lady for a moment but not nearly long enough.  Teachers prayer shawl is coming along and she was doing well.  The Grand Lady was there full of wisdom to share and truly a fine representation of her generation.  FreeSpirit was a joy and so much fun, she is truly a kindred spirit in many ways.  If we knew each other better I am sure we could get into a lot of trouble, I find our interests more and more alike the more I know her.  I do so hope to make it each week not just hit and miss, it is always so rejuvenating to my spirit to see the Ladies.

I cut my feta and set it to salting and drying, I should be able to get it into brine today or tomorrow once it is dry enough.  I managed to get around three lbs a good start to my stashes and a good first batch for the year.  I bottled most of my liquid shampoo/soap.  I like the gel aspect of this batch.  I also think I really like the oil changes I made, a much richer out come.  It has a nice golden color as well.  I made it up into cedar, lavender and vanilla, a few berry and vanilla, one last bottle of raspberry rose (I can't find it again to buy more fragrance oil) and some with no scent.  I like the texture and the consistency of it, it has a nice hand feel to it.

I am hoping to get the front room and dinning room back together today.  It will be nice to have a place to eat together, we never seem to manage at the kitchen table, it always has something on it, soap, raising bread, eggs drying, or who knows what.  I now have chicken eggs in an incubator on the counter so live stumbles along as it does in our house.  Life goes on in our world... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....