Sunday, May 13, 2012

Does, Peahens, salamanders, Amish and a road trip or two.....Happy Moms day.

Happy Moms day to one and all.  One of the best things in my whole life is being a mom, it completes me in a way nothing else does.  I know I was supposed to be a whole person unto myself before I was a mom, well that is someones new math and why should I have to comply with your sense of whole.  I can't imagine a hundred years ago into all of our pre-generations that 13 to 18 years olds knew who they were, and the ones 20 plus who did were old maids so yes, being a whole person unto yourself before children is new math.  I am not saying that it makes you a better mother either way.  Having the privilege, and yes it has been a privilege to be both, one is not better than the other.  I was a young mother that grew up with my kids in many way.  I made mistakes and figured it out along the way.  I have great adult kids, yes they have their ups and downs, but who gives anyone the right to say they would have been better people had I been older, had more money or been stabler by other peoples standards?  I am getting to do it all over again, making  mistakes, much patienter, but less young spirited, less of many others things I suppose.  I have just tried to be the best mother I could be at the time for the child I was mothering.  I don't think that judgement of my mothering helps anyone, makes anyone else a better mother, I think being a good mother comes from within and you have to choose to be the best mother you can be every morning you awake.  So much for my soap box, climbing down, have a great Mothers day one and all mothers.

My morning yesterday started with Mokie in my bedroom wanting to leave, before I had my coffee, news without coffee is not the way to start the day.  We milked and were soon on the road to pick up the two little does, the trip was about 120 miles one way.  We arrived to choose my does, I picked out to lovely girls.  One looks a great deal like her grandmother, my beloved Rosie, now we have a second Rosie, I hope she is the girl her grandmamma was.  We picked out a second little girl, also Rosie's grandgirl.  She is a Black and Red head Boer, she is lovely in her own right, her name is Rapunzel.  Rosie is Yogies, and Rapunzel is Booboo, they will be their forever goats, sometime they have goats they don't get to keep but as these were bought for the herd they are here to stay.  On our return trip we stopped by the Amish store and picked up some groceries, it is about 80 miles from home so we don't get to go there all that often so take advantage of being close enough to go when we can.

We arrived home with our new ladies and groceries, when Mokie got a message from the man who had the Peahens, he was going to give us one.  She and Booboo, who had not gone with us to pick up the goats were to go get them.  This trip was about 90 miles one way,  I was to watch Cubbie and Bubbie who had had enough traveling, Yogie didn't want to go again either.  Mokie left and on the way down the driveway Cubbie joined her and Booboo.  She arrived at the peahen's home and spoke to them about our two boys, once they knew we had two boys they gave her a second peahen, so we were blessed to have a mate for both Prince and Duke.   Cubbie named one Tweetie, and we named the other Duchess.  We are so glad to have the new additions to our little flock, now with ladies to complete it. 

We were milking goats in the evening when Drama Queen, King and Princess came walking by, they talked as we milked.  Princess got to feed the bottle baby, and try her hand at milking.  During the course of the evening the kids discovered salamanders in the old pond, they ended up catching 6, Drama Queen and Princess got them a tank and set them up a salamander home, which is now setting by my tv in my living room.  We, needless to say, had a wonderful fruitful day at our house, I hope today is a slower paced day if not, maybe not so fulfilling in adding mouths to feed.  Poppie made two turkeys to take to Mothers day Potluck and tilled the garden in his spare time yesterday.  One is a smoked bird and one a traditionally stuffed bird,  it should be nice eating for one and all. Off to share a inspired morning partaking in Gods word and later partaking in the good food of a potluck.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....