Thursday, June 16, 2011

Belle stopped by, my wrack finally came, we went to the woods very fun.

Belle got to stopped by yesterday, in the middle of her busy schedule.  She now works four days a week and has to go to Zootown every Wednesday so her life is as busy as mine or more so I might say.  She stopped by to give me feedback on my redesigned items.  She gave me good ideas to develop and think on, always good to get constructive feedback, it develops your ideas to new places.  She picked up 30 baby size hangers in Zootown and dropped them off on the way back home for me. I was totally surprised and privileged to get 5 or 6 new wool sweaters that she gifted me with.  I am so excited one is a pastel cheetah cashmere, I must admit I cut it up right after she left, I couldn't resist, it will be such an adorable little girls dress, maybe a matching purse. Too much fun. Belle also gave me a great idea on what to do with the miniature clothes hangers, I accidentally bought on line, I am now working on sachets for drawers or hanging them from your mirror as deodorizers. Love new developing ideas in the realm of my current crafting project. I think the redesigning will stay and not go the way of jewelry, a one year wonder.

We took the kids into the woods, we had a great time exploring a new road we had never driven all the way threw.  We had once gone down the road, a short time before Poppies accident, but had not returned to the area since.  We decided that was the area we wanted to go as we had been firewooding near there and wanted to continue this year in that area.  We drove for what seemed like a long time and spotted lots of potential trees to cut. We had suspected where we would end up and yes indeed that is where it came out.  We decided that we would come back down one of our regular routes as it did connect to another area we regularly travel.  We had been going about 5 miles down the new road when we came to a giant tree in the road, the root ball was laying on the mountain road and the tree lay over the bank and continued down the raven about 80 feet, it was a good 3 foot across, it was a true giant that the wind had blown over.  The branches were all still green and it hadn't been there a long time, but we couldn't go around it so had to back up and turn around.  I was about 23 miles back to the house from there. It took about an hour to get home, the trip home is always faster than the trip up, we don't hunt for trees on the way home we just talk and the girls are usually ready to be home and would drive Poppie nuts if he slowly looked for trees on the way home.  They are a little like a barn sour horse, in a hurry to get home.  We had a great day and have planned a truck and trailer load, as we found enough wood to do an all day trip and it is about 23 miles to the stash so the trailer will be a must, going that far on a little mountain road.

When we got home all the little dogs, that we left in the house, were out of the house.  Cubbie had visited when we were gone.  Yogies new little dog, Tilly, thank goodness was at Mokie's house.  The UPS man had dropped off my new double clothes wrack, Poppie put it together and I used the clothes hangers I had and the new ones Belle had brought to hang clothes,  I am almost out of hangers, a good thing, as I have good inventory, most made since the Flea Market, now I just have to tag and price items to be ready for the MADE Fair.  Sister had given me good feedback on the items the day she was there.  I like that all the three, four counting Mokie,  that gave me feedback are so different it gives me prospectives from different people. Always a good thing to have different views, positive and negative. Coffee is here and getting cold so have a good day............. tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....