Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Boaz arrived, Sunshine today on the longest day of the year, pool swimming.

My heart awoke this morning with a song in it. "Sing  hosanna, sing hosanna, sing hosanna to the king of kings, everybody sing hosanna, sing hosanna, sing hosanna to the king." My head will sing to the Lord all day.  We awoke to the most glorious sunshine, it is to stay most all of the week, a little rain on Thursday but still a lovely day and week, this first day of summer. We didn't get a spring so I intend to totally revel in the sunshine of the season.  The weather man had said last fall we would have a long wet winter, no spring and hot summer to begin in June, he hit it about right I am thinking, sad my favorite season is spring, I am not good at damp long winters or exceedingly hot summers, lets hope we get a little bit of transition before the nasty truly hot weather sets in.  My little ladies, unlike me, adore the hot summer so I hope they get a nice long one.  They did swim in the pool yesterday but as Sunday was so cold it was a cold swim but the little troopers did swim a little before they soaked up the warmth of my garden tub.

Herbalist brought Boaz last night and picked up Lacey and Mokie's "no name", I think she and the girls named him pokaspot before she left, as their pokaspot will be called Tinkerbell when she goes to live at the DC's house. Boaz managed to get out of his pen and had to be put in with Mokie's frosty.  He will cry all night and maybe being with Frosty will keep Frosty from crying for the new Pokaspot.  I did advise Herbalist about the alpacas and fiber goat I found craigslist, we are working on a deal to buy some.  They are actually only about thirty miles from here so we are planning a road trip to check them out on Monday, my week is filled up with MADE Fair stuff so can't get away before then. It will be fun, we have never done anything together so that will be a nice change and chance to get to know each other better.

Poppie hauled topsoil most of the afternoon, so the bed in the greenhouse is getting full, I will try and haul some manure up to mix in from the birthing barn.  There shouldn't be much hay in the mix mostly straw and goat manure so will be ok to put right into the bed. We are composting the hay dropping and manure from the feeding area.  The topsoil and manure should make a good mix for the beds.

Herbalist and I got to talking about the fiber from the Alpacas and fiber goats, she has all the supplies, brushes, drum carder, and spinning wheel for spinning the wool.  She advised me she is going to lend it all to me, as she knows I will learn to use it then I can teach her to use her own equipment. I am so excited, I am going to move the studio around to accommodate the equipment. I will beg Twin to teach me to card, drum and make roving.  I have another couple of friends that spin that I will try to talk into teaching me to spinning. If not I will do it my regular way of reading how and then good old fashioned trial and error. It will fit in so well with my redesigning, the knitting machine and my hand knitting. I will also give me a new depth to my goats and their ability to be self supporting in the end.

We will have a new goat to milk today, Lilly, her last baby was Fancy.  Herbalist is to bring me some of her extra milk so will have cheese to make, and more soap. Life is so good, sunshine streaming through the windows, coffee in my cup and new horizons to further explore. God always leads me where I am to go, what a wonderful life..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....