Thursday, June 2, 2011

Goofy is 30, I can remember her birth like it was yesterday. Still Raining!

I remember the anticipation of my first child's birth like it was yesterday, and low it has been 30 years today. She will be 30 at 9:06 this morning. She came into this world after 8 hours and 8 minutes of labor, not bad for a first child. I used no meds and Lamaze was the thing Doctors wanted you to do for your babies. She weighed 7lbs and 4 ounces. She had little spikes of red hair, that all fell out by the time she was a month old, and was just the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. She is still a beautiful girl has lovely blond hair and blue eyes. She has now chosen a path in her life that doesn't include most of her family and has made choices she can not unchoose. I love the little girl she was, the beautiful spirit that I raised. I don't agree with and in many cases don't support the choices of the adult. She is soon to have a little girl and has her little boy, I hope she makes a go of her marriage, and the raising of her to little ones. Today I say happy birthday to the lovely child she was and pray for the adult she is.

The rain is still coming down in buckets, I do hope to get our garden planted this weekend. If we don't it may be to late, but the rain would have rotted the seeds so don't know that it will make much difference. I really would like to get a nice garden crop in and harvested this summer. I do love the garden chores and the joy of watching what you plant grow and become wonderful veggies. It is so surprising sometimes how fast they grow and that a seed, dirt, water and sunshine can bring forth so much of God's bounty. God willing we will get it in and watch it become our winters sustenance.

Mokie was kind to me yesterday, no sorry, but she did try to make the kids mind and tried extra hard to engage me in conversation. I was minimally verbal with her so she knew that she had hurt my feelings and that it was important to me that she cared that she had. I finished up a couple little dresses and made one with a little tiny matching purse, very cute, I think. I keep getting brain storms in my mind of new ones to create. I have actually started seeing cute outfits in odd patterned adult clothes. Totally a fun new creative outlet.

I went to my friend Belle's house yesterday, we had a chance to catch up after not getting to spend time together for several months. It was a great visit. We talked about blogs, how to market items for sale, as she wants to sell items for people in the local area that don't get to sell their items on the Internet. I gave her my best advise on my idea's and my past, present and future doings on the Internet. I hope we both develop sites that work for the things we want to accomplish. I did ask her to remind Herbalist that she is to come to my house today to learn to make soap, I hope she remembers or I hope Herbalist remembers, either way it will be nice to share soap making with Herbalist if she comes today. We are to trade baby goats today as well, my does leaving and a little buck coming, one of Mokie's withers will be going as well. Rain, Rain go away come again another day, sigh................ tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....