Saturday, June 25, 2011

Farmers Market Day for the Ladies. Last Prep day for the MADE Fair. 4th to plan.

The Ladies and I finished up the baking yesterday. They both had fun, we only had Cubbie, Boy and Cartoons to babysit so it wasn't as busy so the girls got to do a lot more baking. Bug and the kids stopped by a couple of times and Poppie had to go to Zootown, by himself to his doctor checkup.  The girls really enjoyed that they both got to spend one on one time with me doing different parts of the baking. Booboo made the sponge in the morning, Yogie had made it the day before, as well as kneading the big dough ball, she isn't strong enough to finish the stirring but the kneading she is pretty good at.  She also got to form rustic loaves.  They both took turns cutting pretty air vents in the tops of the pies and crimping the edges of the pies together. Booboo made the wet part of the Pineapple Pumpkin bread, and Yogie made the dry measurements.  Booboo stirred, her arm is a bit better at it plus she enjoys the folding in process. I am so proud of them, I am not sure most girls their ages can explain and accomplish sponge, kneading and folding with any degrees of expertize, but I assure you they can.  Yogie is also good at making coffee, and can make pasta all by herself.  Oh, how they have and are growing, sometimes it makes me sad to see them grow but usually I am just proud of them.

I have MADE Fair product to pack up today, I have to finish the display concepts and structuring.  I have to decide which soaps to take, which to leave at home, and figure out the best way to showcase them.  I have to weight the corners of the canopy with 20lbs apiece, I think we have that down.  I am really going to try and make the booth a clean stream line display and will not be taking any of my antler art or actual art.  I am just going to take the soaps and eco friendly items. I hope that turns out to be a good approach.  My lungs have finally cleared up for the year, usually happens when the damp and cold go away so I should be able to get my antler orders done and focus on them as an Internet, mainly art.  I sell them better there anyway.

Poppie finally got all of the garden finished, we may have to do some replacement planting we well see how that goes, probably to late for really any replanting to any big degree, though we could get some plants from Grandpa. I am getting ready to have my annual 4th of July party next week, this year I think I am going to have the focus be more as a block party, and less of a family event. I am going to invite Sister, any of her family that wants to come, Silver and his family and will let the Girls call both set of grandparents.  I will see if Belle and her family want to come, maybe Little Sister and hers, and maybe Red and his,  in the end whoever shows up is always welcome. We will smoke a brisket, make pulled pork, provide dessert and salads, all else are ask to bring their favorite side dish, we always have way to much food.  As we really no longer drink and don't use soda products, will have ice tea and lemonades.  The guests are allowed to bring pop or limited alcohol, but usually don't.  We provide fireworks at the end of the evening and people can bring extras if they want to contribute. We have always had great 4th celebrations, it has kind of evolved over the years where and what we have done, for years the boys, the sons in laws, had bottle rocket wars, not my kids, my siblings and brothers in laws.  But that is a tale for another day this week...... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....