Friday, June 17, 2011

Poppie picked up grandkids at 5 this morning, pies, foccacia's and bread to make.

Grandpa called late last night to say that he was going to do the local farmers market, we had thought he was going to go to the Zootown one but the fuel he has been paying to go has cost him so much he is opting to do the local one. So today the ladies and I will be trying to do two days of baking in one day. I is possible but with only one oven it is a trick of what to bake while something else is raising, good coordination will be the key.  Bug called right after grandpa to have Poppie pick up the kids this morning, so Poppie was up and got them about 5 this morning. So we have a house full of kids and lots to bake.

I managed to make the cutest little dresses for the hangers yesterday for car deodorizers, they are really cute and now I just have to figure out how to scent them, with lasting scent that is renewable.  I thought of saturating the felted wool, which might work, but I don't think the oil would actually dry so dust and dirt would eventually ruin them. Belle thought of saturating like poster board but not sure that would work as far as good saturation but will try some today to see. I am thinking I will rebatch a batch of soap and really put extra scent it and then sew a tiny little bar of soap in the bottom of the shirts, may work will see if I can get the scent heavy enough to last and still get the soap to set.

Well off to pick rhubarb, thaw out peach and apple filling and start sponge, oh and then make breakfast for 5 to 8 children. I will make up pancakes and what will start the room warming enough for the breads to raise. I will have to send Poppie to the store for garlic and olive oil, I have feta for the foccacias.  Coffee is getting cold so have to drink up and get going.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....