Sunday, June 5, 2011

Poppie tills, we plant, God is good and the sun is shinning!!

Woke up to God's glorious gift of sunshine. It was a wonderful day yesterday, we actually had to sit in the shade under the trees near the garden and green house to avoid the heat. I transplanted about 80 raspberries into a new bed, the old bed is so choked with quack grass that I had to and the rain is still coming the rest of the week so they should be fine. I planted strawberry plants that Twin gave me. I ended up with two long rows the same length as my raspberry so about 80 plants. I hope to have nice new bed, we left room to till between the rows, that will be nice, there is still room for the runners as well.

God is blessing us with another wonderful day so we will finish up the planting and the dirt hauling. I am hoping to put a little fence at the end of the yard so Poppie will let the goats out on to the lawn, he has been mad at them since they sneaked up and ate his apple tree. I truly don't want them into the garden, but we could put a 25 foot fence from the back of the house to the yard fence and they couldn't come behind the house, which would make them easier to watch and they could eat in the yard, win win.

I came across a new "PC" word for my toddler clothes other than just upcycled toddler clothes, they are calling them, Redesigned Fashions, I like that and it does fit what I am doing. I take an old adult outfit that no one ever wore or no longer wear and redesign into a totally cute toddler item. I am sticking with the toddler items at this point but sure I will edge into so preschool or a little older, as my girls are school age and I will end up making them some item too. Mokie doesn't like them so it will not do me any good to make Cubbie or Boy any she won't let them wear them. Sad. I went through my own closet yesterday and low I had some stuff with new tags, odd for me, that went in to the redesign pile. I can't wait to work on the stuff, each old piece makes my mind spin with the possibilities. I love the excitement of a new craft that is why I do a new one each year, some I continue to do, others one creating cycle was enough.

My children need to get up our Church show, that we like, is coming on or I read to them out of the bible or bible books, their choice, so have a great and glorious Sunday, after all it is a day that God made and gave us to enjoy....... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....