Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cubbie takes a swim, to the woods Booboo wants to go.

Sister came to visit yesterday, the girls had invited her down when they had delivered her eggs on Monday.  She came by in the afternoon, Poppie decided that the girls could go in the pool to show it off. Poppie, Mokie and Sister were there with the kids so they were all allowed into the pool.  I was in the house with Curious as she was taking a nap. Cubbie came down the ladder backwards, like anyone would, she just didn't stop going and kind of back paddled into the pool.  She bobbled across the pool splashing her little arms.  She doesn't know how to swim but managed to stay afloat quite nicely.  Sister advised Mokie she was flailing in the water.  Mokie grabbed her out and brought the totally chilled child into Nannie.  She had only been in the pool a minute or so but was cold and drenched.  She was pouring water from head to toe.  I dried her off and Mokie went back to the pool to watch Boy, as Poppie was with the kids with Sister.  I got her dried and changed her into a little dress and panniers.  Amazingly enough they leave so many clothes here I have a regular supply in my laundry room.  She was happy as a clam and later when Poppie asked her if she was ready for another swim she smiled big and was ready to go, much to Poppies chagrin.  He was so hoping she had gotten a little scared but no such thing,  I think I will take time in the next few weeks to teach her to swim, Yogie and Booboo took about a week to teach to swim, in the last pool, she is very ready to learn.  Boy on the other hand is totally scared of the water and may never learn to swim. Son can't swim a lick, and Poppie only swims enough to save himself, and is scared of water deeper than he is tall, luckily he is very tall and not asked to be deeper.

Booboo has been trying to get Poppie to take us on a ride in the woods to hunt for firewood, for a future wood getting trip.  She has asked again and again so hopefully today, as we don't have any grand kids, pseudo grandkids or anyone maybe, just maybe we can get him out in to the woods.  The problems is that there is so much snow still in our woods we may have to turn around and come home before we get anywhere near the firewood trees. We will have gone out in the woods and gotten away from the house either way so a trip we will take. 

I got all the sample bars of soap finished, made up some guest sizes and will cut the bars today. I still have laundry bars to make today and will be all set for the MADE Fair.  I have a little more sewing to do but will be done in the next couple day, then am going to force myself to take a break, I have been working 8 hours a day plus to get an inventory for the show.  I have to make bread and may have to help make bread, pies and foccacia's for the farmers market for this weekend. Not for sure yet if they are going this  weekend.   It will be their first event of the year.  I think, if they go,  we will make peach, apple and rhubarb pies.  Feta foccacia's, sourdough and regular loaves of bread.  So busy week but it will be weekly all summer for the markets they attend.  I guess a Nannie's work, like anyone elses, is never done.  Poppie brought me coffee so will snuggle and watch the news with my hubbie before the day gets going......... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....