Saturday, June 11, 2011

One chick hatched so far, Booboo was so excited, roofing goes up today, yay!

We had our first egg hatch out last night, we are hoping that we get more that hatch out but to one little girl the fact that she got one successful chick made it all worth while, today will tell us if we get more. I do hope so. The excitement on her little face said it all. She is hooked and ready for more.

We will get the roofing up today and try to get the dirt we need moved in.  We are going to mix a bunch of manure and composted manure in as a good mix for the veggie to have food to grow on. No grand kids today, they will be spending the day with dad. They had a great time the last two days and not once did they ask for or seem to miss their electronics, the big hill that they got to ride their bikes down seemed to occupy most of their day; in my mind a great success every child needs a summer filled with outside play. 

The girls and I will be making soap samples to sell for a dollar at the Made Fair.  I am told I can't give them away like I normally do at shows.  If I do the other vendors will not be happy with me, I am really trying to figure out how to fit in with this style of show, it is alot different from ones I have attended in the past different style of buyer and seller, younger for one.  I do hope I get it right and will get to attend again.  I have the ability to adapt and change, I just have to know the rules.

One of the things that we had to do when we became new parents again, in our forties, was to live a different life style than we had been.  Our friends like us were ready to enjoy their lives with adult children.  We were there and totally beginning to enjoy the new life style.  God gave us a new path and we gladly embraced where the path lead us but it became a different path than our friends.  We now have young children who need the time with us and a lifestyle that goes with that.  It made it hard for us to pursue the lifestyle that we had had with our friends.  I do now have some friends with small children but it has been hard, usually there is an age difference that makes it hard for us to have close friendships, but we try.  Belle has small children so that is a relationship that is growing.  She also has older children between my older children and my younger children, which she has to raise, which leads to her balancing time for them so we again hit and miss on our time constraints. I am getting back into a groove on some levels with my older friends as they are now getting grand children and we have the love of our grand children in common again.  That is nice and a bases for renewing relationships.  I in someways I am a real loner or so though I have a need for people I just don't seem to know how to propagate friendships well, it's just not like growing garden which I do get, maybe I water my friendships wrong, hmmm.

Poppie helped my roll yarn balls this morning, I have little shorties to crochet waist and leg bands on. I have lots of things planned for the day, hope I manage to complete any of them, if not they will be there for me to accomplish tomorrow. Isn't it nice that God gives us a new day each day to start anew...... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....