Thursday, June 7, 2012

Feeling a little better, Cheese to make, Soap turned out cool. Rabbit hutches.

My GRD pills are making me feel better the sore is gone now I just have to wait for the cough and yuck to go away.  I woke up with my upper diaphragm so sore from coughing, it feels like I did a hundred setup in my sleep and I know I did not.  I was good yesterday and stayed in my chair except for making soap and helping girls with the chores. I ended up taking a 2 hour nap in the middle of the afternoon, I never do that so must have needed it. I plan on being nice again today and helping this stuff go away.Sadly no coffee day with Lady, but I can look forward to next week.

I ended up cutting the black African like soap I made, it turned out really nice.  I made up a nice batch of coffee and then lilac and poppy seed.  I do like the molds that I can cut the best of all the soap styles I have made.  Still have to put them in the shrink wraps with cards, what kind of soap and maybe ingredients on them.  I have to decide what I will but on them. I hope to get that done in the next few days.  I like the way they fit in the display stand Poppie made. Mokie is going to take them do a boutique after we get it all finished.  I have decided I really do like the rebatched or French milled the best, but I do like the plain oatmeal so will make up some of that style for sure.

I have 6 gallons of milk today so will have to make cheese this morning.  My kettle only holds about 4 and half to 5 gallons so will have seed for more cheese. The frig is getting filled up.  I think I am going to make blue cheese today, not the feta but a regular blue so wish me luck. 

Poppie is going to be making a double hutch for momma rabbits.  We have one the is going to have babies next week and one that has little ones. She was a first time momma, she had seven and ended up losing 4 over the first few day but Professor says that is really good for a first time mom.  She has three fat little babies that are getting their hair. They are starting to get cute.  We had decided we like the nesting boxes to be a part of the hutch.  I know the modern rabbit keepers like to add the nesting box a few days before they kindle and then take it away after the babies no longer need it be we like them to have a place to hide and sleep.  We will just have to clean them more often but we like them. I am off to start my new day, it is going to be slow paced and I hope healing. Here comes my coffee. Have a great day yourself.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....