Monday, June 18, 2012

The first farmers market of the year has come and gone, as has Father's day.

We had a nice showing at the farmer's market of Saturday.  It was small only about 7 vendor, the regulars, and traffic was slow but steady a nice small event.  The girls sold all of their wares except for two pies, so not that many people like rhubarb, and one little loaf of bread.  They gifted one pie and the last loaf of bread so all was well and good.  We try never to take much of the left overs home.  The fun of making breads every week is the making, we try not to over burden the freezer with items some one else could use.  It was nice to get out and see friend again, I usually don't get to get away from my booth much so it takes me a few markets to visit the vendors, on and all. I sold a nice amount of soap, and a couple feta's.  I may be getting an order for diapers and covers which will be fun to work on. All around good Saturday.  My folks stopped in late in the evening and we got to visit with them, sent home some soap and gave my dad some blue feta, blue cheese in general is his favorite, so a nice end to a nice day.

Poppie's day was Sunday, he is in one of his it is just any other day veins so we really tried to step lightly and let him have it his way.  NO, breakfast in bed, allowed.  We actually had father's day potluck at church so it was nice to visit with all of the people in fellowship.  We had a lot of people come, filled all the chairs and then a family from the park, who remembered they had been invited came, over and joined us as well.  The Lord is growing our numbers which is nice and a true blessing. 

We had a family night at the house last night, the TV is still out and we are getting tired of the dvr recordings, Mokie lent us a few movies so we ate pie, left overs from church, no big rhubarb fan there either.  Poppie actually ate a piece of the pie,  we had soaked the rhubarb in sugar all night, a method I had read several years ago, and it was very sweet.  Nice flavor and sweet.  I don't like it as well but for those who don't like rhubarb, because it is to sour, it is a blessing.  You just dice your rhubarb up and stir in sugar, like if you were making strawberries or peaches with sugar, I add jest of an orange, cloves and cinnamon.  Let it set at least a few hours, overnight is better.  You then add cornstarch, fill a crust and bake.  You can also strain off the juice, if you like and have nice rhubarb juice, then cook juice with cornstarch, to thicken it, and add it back to the fruit, fill crust and bake. It leaves the fruit intact in a way that rhubarb isn't usually because it has to cook so long to thicken.  This way you only cook it about 45 minutes, very pretty when done especially with the red rhubarb. 

I have mozzarella to make this morning, kids but not sure how many I will have today.  The girls and I are going to try to get the bedrooms floors scrubbed.  We have enough laminate for one of their rooms but have to get enough for both before we install it.  I am hoping to laminate my bedroom suite of rooms next spring.  I hope the Lord blesses your day in all your endeavors, he will you know, all you have to do is believe and he will give you life eternal, and isn't that the first step to a wonderful day....tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....