Thursday, June 14, 2012

It is through many persecutions that we must enter the kingdom of God.” Acts 14:22.

“You’re blessed when your commitment to God provokes persecution. The persecution drives you even deeper into God’s kingdom.” Matthew 5:10
“It is through many persecutions that we must enter the kingdom of God.” Acts 14:22.
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong” 2 Cor. 12:9 – 10
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you.” John 15:18-20
“In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” 2 Timothy 3:12
“Therefore, brothers, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith.” 1 Thessalonians 3:7

I some times get down and find that I have so much sorrow that I can't imagine having the strength to get out of bed and go on, then I look to my Lord and know that persecution is a blessing and I just have to remember to embrace it.  I am weak and sometimes I fail to grab on with both hands right away but I do seek out the Lord and he comforts my soul and shows me the blessing of the humble and the persecuted.  I glory in the pain as I come to the understanding that God is with me and will keep my soul in his bosom and I will get through with God as my leader and Jesus as my savior.  I have whined enough and pitied myself as much as I will allow.  I have had times in my life when I didn't hold on tight enough to the Lords glory and fell short of his comfort but no more God talks to me, and tells me I am his own, and I have no need to fear the persecution of man because no man is as God and God alone makes the decisions about my eternity.  God gives us our crowns and those who are weak, insulted, have hardships, difficulties and are persecuted have a special place in God's kingdom.  I hope that through my distress, the hate and the persecutions I endure in this life are enough to get a nice crown in glory, I shall embrace my weakness and my faith.... tomorrow.  (oh, thanks for letting me vent my pain I rarely need to as I tend to be a half full person, but there are moments I fall short)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....