Monday, June 4, 2012

Maybe God gave some one a hug through me, rain, rain, rain, go away.

Awoke to thunderstorms in the night,  rain pouring down in our little world.  It is so sad we didn't get our garden planted, it is beautifully tilled and awaiting our attention.  I just don't think any one in their right mind would walk across it, it would become a mud pit and you would sink to who knows where in the middle of it.  We are hoping to get our green house planted today, road trip to Grandpas for plants this afternoon or evening. 

Church was a blessing, as always.  I talked to Goofy yesterday, she turned 31 on Saturday, her husband took her to a nice dinner and bowling.  I  had a nice conversation with her.  I said we were home from Church, she didn't know we had been going for quite some time.  She and her family are hoping to go to a Church soon.  They are thinking of going to the base services, she said she had a friend trying to get them to go to her church but they didn't feel it would be a good fit.  I told her that God would help her know which one was the right one.  He truly made us aware of which one would be a big mistake and guided us to one where his love and compassion abounded.  We had a nice conversation, the girls talked to her and I hope she find a place to worship God for her little family.

I had a busy day and was in bed watching the tube just after 8, the girls were in bed, and I was ready to watch a new series about mountain men that Poppie liked when the phone rang.  Poppie answered it, we all know that I am still a reluctant phone caller or taker, still.  He said it was my Crazy Goat Lady from Polson, I got up and took the call.  She started by asking me if Boer hooves were different than diary goats.  I told her that I really hadn't noticed because they seemed to need less clipping and wore better on the rocks or gravel.  We determined that that was a sign that they were more like cows and needs trimming less.  She had just trimmed Shamrocks feet and had discovered it and just wanted to confirm with me.  I have in the past gotten many small calls from her and had suspected she just needed to talk to some one and so have always enjoyed her calls.  She likes to talk, doesn't really like to have you talk.  This time once we spoke of the hooves she flat out said, "I really just need to hear a sane voice."  I told her I always had time to listen.  I, in that instant, heard a cry for help and if the Lord has chosen me to be a helpline for some one I am here.  I am glad I have had so much training on listen, helpline, dispatch and advocacy training.  She just needed to talk.  She spoke of her ailing mother, who no longer knows her.  She spoke of how her friends want her to dump her mother in a home and be at peace.  She spoke of how her sibling no longer come to help or visit.  She spoke of her love of her animals, her asthma, her cats and we spoke of God.  We spoke of his giving us the paths in our lives and that if we follow the choices he leads us to we are on the right paths in life.  The right paths are not always the easiest ones or the ones that people want us to take, or we may want to take, the right paths are the ones the Lord leads us to.  If he leads us too it he leads us through it.  We laughed and shared a joke or two.  I have only ever spent maybe less than one hour with My Goat lady from Polson, and when together we never speak much, but God has given me this friend for a purpose, maybe I am a life line in a lonely life, maybe just maybe I am a hug from God.  I missed all of Poppie show, he had to watch it alone, again, but I am sure it will be on again.  I think I helped God help someone make it through a rough patch and I didn't do anything but listen.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....