Friday, June 22, 2012

A second stint, prayers for our Drama Queen.

I remember vividly moments of my sister Drama Queens life as a child.  She came into the world in October of 72 a few weeks after I turned 12.  She was a scary baby to us children.  We had wished and hoped for her arrival for months.  My mom had been real sick during her pregnancy, she was bed ridden part of it and depended upon our help, we probably weren't as good at it as we should have been.  It had been a hard year, the mill had burned down in Zootown where dad had worked, today in it's places stands the Southgate mall.  My dad lost all of his tool and a cherished original cartoon about a Sawyer and a Filer discussing whether they could run a broken saw until noon.  Many copies are still out there put it was a loss that saddened my dad.  He had to go across the state to Big Timber to work until he got the job in Plains.  We moved there in February of 72.  The day they brought our trailer into the trailer court it slide off of the road at the trailer court, the rain was a regular torrential down pour.  They got a 960 loader to save it, from the mill my dad worked at next to the court. Life at the trailer court was a new experience for us kids.  We had three hounds and 13 puppies that had to be housed at a friend out of towns farm.  We liked Plains and in many ways it was the home of our hearts, but it was also a place of lost childhood for many of us, so the two extremes still have a hold of us in many of our hearts.  We moved our trailer out of town by the state gravel pity before Drama was born.  She was a pretty baby but as I said before scary too.  She had horrible pressure marks on her eyes when she was born.  Most of us had pressure mark birth marks on our foreheads and the backs of our heads but she had them in the whites of her eyes.  It made her look like the devil, or that some one had hurt her.  She was the second of my three sisters born at home.  They took her to the hospital, which was basically next door, shortly after she was born to have the Doctor check her out.  He was a young doctor and reacted to her pressure marks worse than us kids.  He said "what happened to her"  My dad in dead pan said "we beat her with a baseball bat what did you think"  They took her home shortly there after thinking they were more expert at children than the afore said "doctor". 

She was a happy child and liked drama at ever corner, ere go her name.  She liked to make things a fuss.  I have a fond memory of her at about 3, maybe a picture as well, of her sitting on the ice cream maker as Red turned the crank, giggling up a storm, the twinkle of the devil in her eyes.  This time just the twinkle no red demon eyes.  One of my most vivid memories is of her the day I brought Poppie home to meet the family, she was about 7.  Poppie and I were stand and he had his arms around me, she looked up and saw us standing there and she gasp in amazement. "Mom, Poppie's arms reach all the way around Nannie."  The whole family died laughing at her observation.  Poppie does have long arms but I truly didn't need his 7 foot arm span to reach all the way around me then or now. 

We had had our ups and down in our lives, I would suspect the 12 year age difference is a part of it and that every set of sisters does and if they don't they aren't trying hard enough at being sisters.  Today she has the second stint put into her heart in the last six months.  The first one has failed due to scarring and I am not sure what else.  I do want the Lord to keep her safe today as they do the surgery on her.  I also want her to know that I pray for the will of God to be a long life for her and that mine and Poppies arms still reach all the way around her even from afar... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....