Sunday, June 10, 2012

First week on summer vacation gone, The ladies are unwinding and life is settling in to life I guess. Deodorants and Facial cleaner.

I think I may have finally found the spring cleaning success I was looking for not that I am done or anything but I have gotten the house organized enough to be able to get the cleaning done on a clean level that is manageable.  I know most people have this all figured out and it is a routine. I don't really get time to have a real routine when it comes to organization.  I have lots of excuses, kids (lots some days), lonely grandkids that's mom is a work and need a hugs or a good talking too, 3 gallons a milk a day that needs some sort of processing usually cheese (I have a whole freezer of frozen milk for soap), I am a hoarder that needs to throw some of things out (not the normal hoardering, well mostly not, things like yarn, crafts projects, antlers, fleece, but then there are clothes to sort and others hoarder like thing....uhhhm), and I have many more things that pull me away from the daily routine so I have a just get it done when I can routine.  Well, the ladies and I are trying to have a routine of sorts, we read our bibles, I blog before if I can but sometime I can't, we do the dishes and try to catch up on the laundry that needs to be sorted to the give away, the throw away, the upcycle and the hangers, someday I do better than others.  I make cheese every other day.  The Ladies do the floors, kitchen and front room, they are in charge of cleaning their rooms, and they have to read a book or at least pages before they can go play outside.  Poppie does the morning chores but sometime we help, the girls each are to do their turkeys, chickens and rabbits but Poppie alot of time does it himself, thinking it is easier but I would like him to have them help him daily as they are off of school but he is not good at getting them to help him.  They are good at it and like to if he would just let them know he is doing them but he likes to do it when they are doing their reading or indoor chores.  He complains that they don't help but he is more of the problem than they are.  They help with the evening chores, Poppie can't milk, Yogie milked all five of our goats last night, Booboo is not good at it and makes the process longer so both Yogie and Poppie try to get away with doing it without her.  She will never get better if they don't encourage her, I was busy making a skirt for a friend at Church so didn't help.  You can see that live here has no routine so I may be paddling up a stream I will never succeed at..... oh to be organized, never going to happen it is just not in me.  I am hopelessly not organized in the traditional manner, does sideways organization count?

Church this morning, Breakfastfest so will go early.  We do so love the time we get to praise the Lord and attend a called out meeting, that is what the Preacher calls Church, I just like the feeling of the Lord I find in the praise of a shared group.  Maybe we can go on a ride today, we haven't gotten to all spring and I do so miss the woods.

I made up some deodorants and some facial cleansers this week.  I changed the facial cleanser formula a little, I try to each batch as I am not sure it is quite right yet.  I use sweet almond oil as the main ingredient so it has a nice almond smell, I used apricot kernel and grape seed oil this time as well, they have nice skin qualities, I used some beeswax, Lemon and aloe vera gel, and  witch hazel to finish up.  I cut it a little more than a quarter, maybe a third, with my liquid soap.  It has a clean squeakiness to it and leaves a nice moisturizing quality to the skin after.  Both girls tried it and said "mom my face feels as soft as a baby's bum"  I hope that is a good thing, not that their skin isn't nice on its own.  I actually have good skin, from my mom, and only use soap consistently on my skin, I have tried Jafra and MaryKay periodically but since I didn't need it couldn't justify the cost in the long run.  I have been using it for the last couple days and it does add a smoothness I don't always have but it is hard to tell. I changed the ground flax seed I used in the first two batches this time for hand ground orange zest which I think I like better. I think it may have gone better with the lemon, but may add the flax seed back next time and some ground almond and see if the three exfoliates make a difference together..... see what I mean the possibilities are endless, ok no organization again...

I did make the deodorant again, I have made three different kinds in the past but decided I like one the best so only tweaked it a little, more beeswax, and called it good.  I only had a couple of the twist up containers and I dislike having to spend 1.25 apiece on them.  Lots of people give me laundry soap container and other bottles but no one really thinks of upcyclingmeds.  No one recycles them really, the plastic is recyclable but the recyclers don't like to take them.  People sometime can take them back to certain pharmacy to have them refilled but not usually, some vets take them to use for prescription.  They can be used for lots of small tasks and are suggested for use in carrying small amounts of lotions, toothpastes and gels.  I thought yes, I can use them.  They are sterile when dish washed so safe for food as well but you should never, never, never use them for candy, a child would not be able to distinguish the difference between candy and pills.  But the sky is the limit to use them, no legal restrictions.  I filled 6 with deodorant, if some people that want to use my deodorants are hesitant that is ok, they don't have to,  they can use theirs with the aluminum in it or maybe they have a upcycled deodorant bottle they want refilled.  I have found that during the last year that I used my deodorant, that was in the frosting container, which by the way was too big so not an option for a refill, that I liked massaging it into my underarms.  Do you massage your underarms?  Probably not and if you do it is in passing, they need love too, it is alot like doing a quick breast exam, a good thing considering you have used that aluminium filled product and might just pay a little attention to both on a hands on way.  I found I like the process and my underarms are the better for it.  So, upcycled prescription bottle hold my deodorant and they are about exactly 2 ounce which is the right size as well.  The oils in it stays good up to a year out and longer you refrigerate it but it usually doesn't take near that long to use it.  I made jasmine this time, it is soft scent so nice I think.

I have two ladies to read the Lord's word with, have a great day and remember the Lord always hears your prayers even if you are lost and calling from afar..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....