Friday, June 8, 2012

Trying to get into a routine this summer, not yet there! Soap making is a passion.

I really did get up early today but since the girls and I are reading Proverbs as are beginning to reading the whole bible together I have gotten off track on being able to blog first thing.  I think I have to get up earlier so I can fit it in first as after I seem to have to make breakfast then other things call and I don't get back here until around now.  So trying to get my life on some kind of new order.  We each read the same chapter so we get to hear it three times and talk about it together. I hope they start a life long routine.  I think talking to the Lord first thing is a good habit to start in their lives.

I have spent the last few days in the house getting better, thank the Lord, and am doing great this morning only a little residual cough but much better thank you.  I have manage to make 8 batches of soap. 7 are French milled and one cold process batch.  I am excited about the outcome of all the soaps.  I do like the rusticness of the cutting but must admit I do like the cute quality of the mold a win win in the long run.  I have had fun making up the different soaps.  I ended up making kelp and sea salt, apricot kernel oil rose/berry and sea salt, African black like with sandalwood and flower scent, honey comfrey oatmeal,  lilac and poppy seed almond oil, mineral oil and flax seed, almond comfrey oil shea honey oatmeal,  and coffee soap. They all seem to have nice bubbles and a nice lotion like after feel to your hands.  I am hoping they are the best I have ever made.  Poppie said when he watched me and Mokie selling soap at the flea market I sold it 10 times better than she does.  I said that is because I have a passion for it and she doesn't.  I love everything about soap, making it, creating new recipes and combinations and I love sharing it with other people so I end up sharing my joy of soap so people want to try it when I talk about it.  Mokie thinks of it as soap, no fun in soap.  She is excited about maybe making scentsy like wax candles so we will see how it goes with her and that.



I unmolded my first blue cheese wheel this morning.  I put it into the stove, my blue cheese cave for now, and we will see how it comes along.  I like making cheese about as much as I like making soap.  It is a longer process in seeing the outcome of what you are making, soap is a much more now gratification product.  I hope you have a passion in your life, I seem to have lots, the Lord sends me so many artistic passions I never seem to just stay with one, I am a wanderer I suppose when it comes to the passion for creating.  Here are a few photos of my new soaps, I think they are pretty and thought I would share some of them with you.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....