Saturday, April 12, 2014

Circus day, new options in soap, and sprouted whole wheat banana bread.....

Today is Circus Day, the ladies have not been to the circus for about 5 years.  They have hazy memories of it when they were little so today we make memories they will have for a life time.  I was about the 4th grade when I first went to the circus, well the actual only time I went as a child.  I got to go to the three ring circus in a tent.  I actually got to go to the Ringling Bros. Circus in Winslow Arizona in 1971.   It was amazing, and I wish I could have taken any of my children to the real thing.  My children have all only gotten to see a circus in a stadium setting.  I can tell you nothing was as exciting as seeing the circus under the big top.  The side shows alone were beyond the retelling, the dust in the air as the elephants walked by at the bottom of the bleachers, the ladies riding them as they strode by.  The dusky daylight peaking through the tent cracks.  I can not do justice to the excitement of the day the Circus came to town in my childhood.  I can say with out a shred of doubt that my children will not have the excited memory that I retain from my childhood as the circus is not what the circus once was, how sad that it.  I do hope that the memories they will retain will be something they look back on with love.

I made banana bread yesterday as I awaited my pinto bean to pressure can and my walnut maple syrup to water bath.  I made it with sprouted wheat, the first time I had, I was amazed that I like it actually better than my regular banana bread.  I actually make good, or maybe great banana bread, and it really added a new depth that I did not expect.  The kids gobbled up the first loaf in one short setting after school, no, not just the ladies, Boy, Bubbles and Cubbie helped, and so did Mokie, even though it had the sprouted whole wheat, and she isn't supposed to have the whole wheat with her chrons.  She did hand me all the walnuts she had picked out, which I gladly ate because I love walnuts and rarely get to indulge in them for my banana bread.

I was thinking on soaps to make in the future and thought of an ingredient I have in abundance so I looked it up to see if I could use it in soap.  Hurrah! it is a wondrous ingredient and so few people use it.  Eggs, I have lots of eggs, so I will be making egg soap as soon as possible.  It is sort of like making angel food cake and pound cake, you have to separate them to use them.  I may just call my egg soap angel food pound cake soap, well, it's a thought.  I can't wait to make it. I know I am a soap nerd.....

I pray for your day, I pray that it is a day spend in the arms of our loving Lord Jesus.  I pray that you know the love of Christ Jesus.  I know people say that all the time and sometimes it is just a pat saying that people use but don't always mean, but I really do pray that for you.  I can't imagine a more safe and precious place to spend ones life.  I love the love of my dearest Poppie but even his love is better with the Love of Jesus encompassing it. Today could be the day you to know the Love of Christ Jesus, he calls to the lost ever day, come forward and accept his love and salvation, your eternal life depends upon it..... tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....