Thursday, April 17, 2014

The concert!!!, Strawberries and cream lotion bars, ..........

I had lamented that I would not get to make cupcake soaps so I could make pipe-able soap to pipe on them and Lady Hero lent me a silicone cupcake mold to make them with until I can get one.  Yay.  I made a quick batch of strawberries and cream lotion bars as soon as I got home, and will be making the cupcakes this morning before I go to work this afternoon.  The lotion bars came out wonderful and are in their little cupcake papers, no, you can't make them in them but you can put them in after they set, so they are still pretty.

We went to the concert yesterday.  It was surprising, in two ways.  One the little little kids were wonderful and the teacher did a wondrous job with them.  She really is good with the little little kids, she brought out the best in them.  The older kids not so much.  The concert started with all of the grade school children being seated. The preschoolers through the 4 grades were seated as normal, they filed in with all the manners they had been taught and then came the 5th and 6th they came in and found seats among the audience, and some among the singers.  I was really really disappointed to see that they were totally ignored in their education.  They had supposedly been learning how to play instruments since the last concert in December, obviously not, as all but a few children who were part of the choir were ignored by their educator, and the administration didn't care or were in support of a teacher not doing her job in educating them.  The concert went on, two children who are in guitar lessons got to play (their teacher did her job) and then the 3rd through the 6th grade singers took the stage.  The majority of the children were in the choir bleachers but a couple of groups of children were in front with microphones, for the most part the children at the mic's were children of teachers or people who work a lot at the school.  The concert began and a few other children, besides the ones with mic's in the front, had speaking parts but you could not hear them at all.  The children in the front totally overshadowed the other children.  You could clearly hear them, and they did well their parent should be proud of them, but why is it that these few children were front and center, and allowed to control the focus of the program?  Why did all the other children get to stand and listen to a few carrying on a play in front of them, even some of the members with speaking parts were being silenced because they had no mic's, as the spotlight seemed to be on a chosen few children, who for the most part have parents either as employees or volunteers of the school?  Is that fair to all the other children who's day to shine was taken away from them by what?  favoritism? or just plain lack of caring that they were educated at all? as they sat in the audience and watch other children preform, their instruments who knows where at home or in a lockers because their teacher and administration let them down??  I am truly disappointed in the concert that was put on, I feel sorry for the children who were thrown away and their education didn't matter so that a few could shine in the spotlight.  Why did so many have to pay the price for a few? Why is it allowed, and isn't it a form of bulling to allow this to happen in such a public manner?? I am upset and I would hope I am not the only one, my children were not the only ones who's school let them down yesterday.  I think maybe it is time to get a real band teacher and let the singing teacher do what she obviously does best, teach very young children to sing.  Okay, climbing down but still very upset that my children lost out....

I pray for you today and I hope that God is in your life.  I pray that you pray for me, as I try to pray for God's love to take away my upset over the repeatedly unfair ways the public school system is allowing our children to be bullied even in it's subtle ways.  I know our school in many ways is a good school, but sometimes it is blatantly obvious that failure is occurring and no one really cares.  It is exactly days like yesterday that make it apparent as to why, more and more kids are being home-schooled across the country.  Public School's can be, and is, unfair and we are paying for it..... done now, but not over being anger for the losses my children, and yours, endured yesterday at the hands of those entrusted to teach them...tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....