Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Library subbing, tomato basil soap success, pineapple recipes to scope out, a concert not a play.

I subbed at the Library yesterday.  I got to lean how to cover books, it was nice to have something to do, or maybe know how to do more things when all the books are put up and no one is checking in or out books.  I have not actually worked many days in a row so sometimes it is a little disconcerting to try and remember what I have been taught but it is getting easier to be fluid with the job.  I am blessed that the patrons seem to forgive my foibles.  I really like the covering of the hardbound books and know some of the stickers and why they are there.  The softcover books are much harder for me, I have never been good with shelf lining and it is basically the same, so I am challenged at doing it without bubbles.  I did manage to cover two hardbound books upside down but luckily was able to redo them before they hit the shelves.  I do like covering the books, I think time will help to getting it right.

I made tomato basil soap before I went to work yesterday and it came out pretty at this point but I still have to unmold it so it is in the freezer.  I put a little paprika in it to help it keep some of the reddish color, so it won't turn yellow.  I made some with duckies.  I thought since it was not scent that might be appropriate.   I know some of you are wondering why on earth I would make tomato basil soap.  Well one of the qualities it will have is it is good on acne which all teens will appreciate and embrace.  It has a pretty color so that will appeal as well I think.  I am hoping to get to do the piped soaps but first I have to make some cupcake shaped ones.  I don't actually have a cupcake mold, getting soap out of a cupcake pan is a challenge, at best, so I think I will get some silicone cupcake liners on Friday at Walmart before I try the cupcake soap.  So I am putting those on hold for a little while. I ordered three cases of pineapple from  BBFC so am scoping out recipes, some canned, some sweet and sour, and do people make pineapple pie filling?, I will have to see......

I made a mistake I am not going to a play today it is a concert, with a play theme.  I am a little disappointed with the music teacher.  She is trying to fill big shoes, I must admit with the passing of our old music teacher, but both my girls came home and informed me that one will not be able to play her clarinet in the concert because the teacher can not get most of the kids to play or to leaner to play so she is scrapping the whole band performance.  I am wondering so why are they paying her??   She is also scrapping the dance portion for my other daughter's preformance, again why? Is she even doing her job?  I am very disappointed but not as much as my two girls, who are both part of the students who do try and learn, and because of apparent lack of being able to handler her class the student who try are being punished with the students who don't try or are not being taught properly.  The school really needs to address this and decide if she is a good fit for this age of children.  Why is my child paying the price for students who don't want to learn, and a teacher who apparently can't teach unruly students.   Climbing down and shutting up...... well for the moment, maybe some of us parents with the students who are loosing out need to speak up.  I am thinking the student who are unruly are loosing out as well so their parents need to be part of the speaking out... done for real...

I am praying today for your soul, if you are save the Lord be praised.  You know that all salvation comes from the Lord, none of it us of us, so I am so glad the Lord worked in your life.  If you are not saved listen hard, seek the Lord and he will work in you heart and you too can know salvation. Asked and he will receive you.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....