Sunday, May 4, 2014

Another nice Sunday, my favorite day of the week.....

Today was a very nice day.  We got to go to Church and worship the Lord.  I am blessed to live in a country where we can still do that.  I am not sure by the way the country is going that my children and grandchildren will always get to do that but for today I praise God that we still get to.  We had a nice sermon, and that is a blessing.  I am learning more and more as I age what a blessing it is to get to worship the Lord whether it be as an assembled group. in our personal morning worships, at evening as I study or when I can just talk to others about the Lord.  I didn't know until the last few years how wondrous it would be to be able to share the love of worshiping the Lord with Poppie would be.  He was not a believer when we married and for over 30 years off and on he would go to Church with me but it was always for me and never for him.  When he had his accident, with the tree, he says that it was the beginning of his hearing the Lord actually speak to his heart, and with in a few short years he came to know that he needed the Lord in his life as I always had, and nearly three years ago he was saved.  I have come to know of late how wonderful it is to share the Lord with him.  He no longer gets upset when I talk about the Lord, he loves the Lord and seeks worshiping him and prays with us and studies with us.  I never knew how much I missed with him not being a co-believer.  I know that my most important duty in my life was to help Poppie to his salvation so that through Jesus he could be saved.  I know I have to help my children and grands as best I can to seek theirs, it is the greatest calling that is in my life and my greatest responsibility.  I was not raised in family where we had to marry some one that was saved.  I know that the Bible tells us to in the old testament, but the new testament does not address it exactly. I knew that I would like my husband to be saved but it was not a must, and I am thinking that was God's plan for me all along, he gave me Poppie and gave me the saving of his soul as one of my life missions.  I know that in the end Poppie watched me and pondered, he was in the end saved but not for me or because of me, he was saved for himself and because of God calling him.  I know that had I chose not to marry him because he was not saved would not have been the Lord's will for me so I am blessed that in God's time we both are now in a marriage where we are both children of God.  I do know that my marriage is better, my relationship with God is better because of us both being in Christ together.  I have aged and with age comes some learning, wisdom and knowledge, God plans it that way.  I know that God wanted for me a marriage in Christ and that is what I have but not maybe in the traditional time frame but definitely in God's time frame.  I am so blessed that God gave me such a wondrous man as Poppie to share my life and he gave us both salvation as the most important thing in all of our lives.  I hope you have salvation nothing else even comes close.... tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....