Monday, May 5, 2014

Yesterday was a nice day....

I said before that yesterday was a nice day, and it was.  We got to go to Church and then we got to go to dinner with Lady and Sweetie.  Today is Sweetie's birthday so we were invited to dinner last night.  We got old fashioned creamed potatoes and both fried and barbecued chicken. Sides of fresh roasted asparagus, olives, radishes and deviled eggs.  Good company, good friends sharing time and food, what could be better.  We took strawberry ice cream pie, my first attempt at my mom's it wasn't as good but it was a nice dessert any way.  Poppie was a kill joy, said it was strawberry and he didn't like strawberries, imagine that some one that will eat most of a jar of strawberry jelly in one setting but doesn't like strawberries, maybe the secret is he likes sugar flavored with strawberries.....  He has such odd likes and dislikes in food who knows, and they are ever changing, just because he likes it this week he might not next week.  Funny how eat to live people just don't find food of any kind the top of any of their lists....

Today I have to can, in some manner, two cases of lemons, maybe curd, maybe pie filling, maybe pre-pie filling and probably not concentrate, a lot of work, and I really can just buy lemons at the time I need them and make it fresh with a lot less work, or heaven forbid, the store concentrate goes on sale and makes my work seem totally invaluable.

I have lots of little stuff to do today.  You know the musts that nobody notices if you do them but most definitely notice if you don't.  I also have soap to make as well, no surprise there.   I am also reading a great David Jeremiah, which is wonderful.

I hope you have a great day, I hope that the Lord is King in you life, and if he isn't you make him so.  I pray you know the Jesus died on the cross and rose again that you might accept his gift of grace and salvation, he loves you and wants you to believe in him... tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....