Saturday, May 3, 2014

Today was a Bountiful Basket Day so it was a busy day as well.....

Up bright and early and off to Bountiful Baskets, we had a nice distribution and the best volunteers ever!!  I got two cases of lemons extra and case of strawberries, more strawberry jelly I have to stay ahead of Poppie, he eats a whole pint when one is opened.  Last year I made lemonade concentrate, and lemon peels.  This year I am going to make lemon curd and lemon pie filling and probably more lemon peel and I might infuse some lemon oil for soaps and balms.

We were done with Bountiful Baskets and we all went to collect Balm of Gilead buds, they were almost to bloomed but we managed to pick some today, we went several places hoping to find trees that were behind.  I also got some at Belle's yesterday.  I got enough to infuse a gallon of oil.  I found them on the internet at 22 dollars a pounds so we blessed to find any.  We are going to try and find some juniper berries and roses and hips once they are ready.  I am really going to make  up some nice balms, lotions with infused oils and maybe even some soaps.  It was a nice get out of the house day.  We helped a friend with his chores and got 60 eggs, one double and one goose. We are blessed that some many people needed eggs, so we didn't have to eat them all....

I took some soap over to Preacher and Pianist's house as a gift for them to take to their daughter.  She has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has to have surgery.  They will be flying to Texas to be with her.  I pray for a good outcome for her and blessed travels for them if it be the Lord's will.  I am making dinner so have to go but may the Lord be in your life, may you live in his will and may your salvation be the most blessed think you have ever accepted in this life....tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....