Thursday, May 29, 2014

Nannie's Kiss it Better Balm and experiments in toners......

I am getting good feedback so far on my Balm of Gilead Balm though I did not really question that I would it is after all a tried and true balm that is eons, possible, old.  It really sold it's self.  I am not really at this point in my life big on inventing a lot of balms.  I have two friend, Belle and Herbalist, who make that their forte.  I have become interested in balms only because the Balm of Gilead really intrigue me and I could easily make it myself out of local herbs: but making it did peak my interest in dabbling in balm making a little.  It was a lot like making lotion bars, well sort of.  I decided that since I had dabbled a little two balms did come to me that I would actually like to make.

I have always kissed away the hurts of littles.  I started doing it when my sisters the "little girls" were little.  I am really part of a family that has three families in it.  My parents had us older kids right on top of one another, me 14 month later twins (one died at 9 hours old) Silver,  11 months later Red, 16 months later Sister, and two years later we adopted Little Brother.  My parents had the "little girls" later, 10 years Little Sister, 12 years  Drama Queen, and 14 years (almost 15) years Baby Sister.  They then adopted the "triplets" when I was 41, Thing One, Thing Two and Susie Who.  So, we are basically three different families combined into one.  I learned young that a little only really wants you to acknowledge their boboo.  I would say "I will kiss it better".  I as a mom did it as well, and now as a Nannie I use it still.  It has always worked and it has come to represent my love for the ones I give my kisses to.  In recent years we have had Herbalist and Belle's balms on hand so I have now added smearing on balm after the kiss for good measure.  Well my new venture into balm making got me to thinking.  I really like aspects from both of Belle's and Herbalist's balms but I don't use them together so I decided I would take the parts I liked from each and combine them into my own balm and what better name could I give it than Nannie's Kiss it Better Balm.  I made my first batch yesterday.  It has nice color, nice smell and is a little thicker so it doesn't melt at as low a heat as their balms.  I like the feel of it and think I have it just about right.  I am so excited to share it.  I gave my first tin to Belle she was gracious and said nice things about it, and her Little Princess used it right away on one of her cuts.  I am hoping it works out as well as I hope, and my kids and grands little love it. Number one balm made second to come soon...

I have been working on a toner, never thought of making a toner, didn't actually even know what one was until I was asked to make one by Newbie ( the new part time Librarian).  I got right on looking up what it was and how or why it works.  I did have the ingredient she had had in the one she liked as an idea to go from from the beginning.  I infused witch hazels and that took a couple weeks.  I made up the first batches with a combination of what I had learned from blogs, recipes and thoughts from Belle.  Yogie had been using one that Belle makes that she uses for several purposes in addition to what regular toner is used for.  I had her try it first, and Yogie liked it.  She said it didn't sting as much, okay so I either failed or made it more palatable to her, who knows if that is good or bad only time will tell.  I made four different formulas so we will see which is best or if any of them are, giving out samples to Newbie and Lady to test today and Yogie and Booboo already have theirs so four guinea pigs to begin with.....

I pray for you today, I pray you are saved and that you are becoming more the image of Jesus Christ every day.  I pray you are in the eternal Church of our Lord and that you are spreading his Word as you go through out your life.  I pray that some day I will meet you in eternity as we praise our Lord in life eternal together...tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....