Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Covenants, what ones to do you have in your life? Which do you honor and which will never be.

Covenant is a very interesting word and can mean so many many things and so many different things to so many different people. I read a book, years ago by James A. Michener.  It was a long boring read in many respects but I learned alot actually about the colonization of Africa.  I don't remember a great deal about the book itself so maybe it wasn't one of Michener's better books who knows, and I don't really care.  I had originally picked up the book thinking it might have been a more God inspired book and in the end it wasn't.  I usually think of the word covenant in terms of God, the promises he has made with us, the restrictions and commandments having a life with him entails.  I see the covenant with God as a good thing, a blessed life and a lifestyle.  I never really think of the covenant with God as a hardship, the choice to follow the Lord is not hard in the sense that the commandants or covenants he asks of us are actually the moral and humanly conscious way to life and in the past shaped the structure of most Christian society in the first place.  I find the daily living in our changing society is where my sins come in.  The societal acceptance of more and more sinful things that cause us to say "well everybody is doing it, so it must be the way" is where my sinning comes in.  I know the path to the Lord is narrow and have to stay on the narrow path to God.  The Covenant is not the only covenant's we have in our lives.

I have a covenant with my dear Poppie, second only to the covenant I have with God.  I chose to live my life with him, I chose to make promises and adhere to restrictions or rules that guide our life. The joy of marriage is a covenant I have found to be overall the most joyous promises I have made in my life.  I have covenants with my kids, that vary depending upon their ages.  I start my covenant with them from conception.  I made a covenant with them to do all I could to protect their life in my body, to do and did my best to raise them to be adults, wives, a husband, a good member of society, and to teach them to be Godly and walk with the Lord.  The adults are now in a different covenant with me, I am to let them live the lives, I helped them to have the skills to survive, and remember to let them live their lives, not my way but their way.  I have a covenant with the animals I keep.  I have a covenant with the friends I have in my life.  I have a covenant with the neighbors I have been given on this earth by God.  These are all covenants of responsibility and importance in my life. 

I am thankful to the Lord that I don't have to adhere covenants that are man made and prevalent in so many states, city and counties in other places.  I love that Montana has freedoms that other places have taken away from their citizens;  sort of like the restrictions that our country is allowing more and more of in our lives.  I hate the "let it be" attitude that is part of our country.  It is not the same "let it be" that was alive and well in the 70's when I grew up.  In the 70's "let it be" meant just that, now, "let it be" means you can't have God in our school system because it will offend some one. When did letting it be mean if you are a christian it is ok to make you restricted, you can't pray or even have a moment of silence to do so because you are offending someone, it is ok to "let it be" but don't let the Christians have equal time or it doesn't apply to them.  I wonder if I got down on my knees at school, or in a public meeting and faced Mecca would I be allowed to, probably or I would be being discriminatory, isn't that a double standard in itself?  I am glad in Montana, well except when out of staters try to take down a statue of Jesus, no, I forgot Montanans in general stood up and said let it stay, the outsiders didn't or haven't won yet.  I hope it gets to stay, I don't actually believe in the statue but someone does so we should "let it be".  We have lost the covenant that our country once honored and the forefathers adhere to, they would be aghast at the development of our destruction of God in our county, and don't kid yourself that they wouldn't.  Montana in general is the last best place, we haven't followed the rest of the country in the mindless discrimination of God by letting it be, and then not letting those who follow and love God be included in that acceptance.  We still have, and are allowed, to have some covenants with God and allowed to follow "in God we trust". 

did, we want to live our lives the way we want to.  I live in an area where I know not one of my Montanan neighbors is going to give up his or her rights to a committee just because and outsider decided to make our county and community a place where we can "let it be" at their will and standard.  No, we aren't going to let anyone in to our neighborhood decide be can't pray, or kneel to Mecca if we want, either.  We aren't going to let you decide where I can or can't put my pig pen, or how many I can have.  We aren't going to let you decide if we can have pigs or goats in the first place, because you don't like the smell.  We aren't going to let anyone into our communities and try to retrofit a covenant that is only to your liking. That is what is wrong with America in general today,  we are allowing people to retrofit the covenants that America was built on.  We as a people lose every time we lose one of our rights due to the mindless, I don't want to hurt anyone feelings so I try to stay in the middle attitude, you being in the middle means christian no longer have the freedoms we have always had in America.  It means you won't object to the left wing liberal agenda and you have let the "let it be' discrimination go unfettered. You are taking away my ability to pray or Love God because it bugs the liberals.  Thanks to all of you in the middle, who won't voice an opinion, with out which you have become the pawns of the ones pushing their agenda, our countries basic covenants, that once made us great, are all being destroyed and eroded.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....