Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kids, kids and more kids, ground meat and cooked up goat shank.

Poppie was in alot of pain yesterday and tried to relax, he is my first and most important kid.  The grand kids and pseudo grand kids were here.  Mokie has to work two days this week, for being a once in a while worker she is getting to have a pretty regular schedule.  I had Curious and Cartoons as well as her kids.  Oh, and I had Pansy.  Pansy was pretty good spent most of the day sleeping so that was a blessing.  Curious was in panties here for the first time.  We told her to use the pottie, showed her where it was and she was able to use the little pottie or the big, I have my own little pottie as I usually have a little one around most days.  She did great and didn't have an accident on my new comforter or linens, a blessing to be sure as we just put them on the bed two days ago.  She ate her lunch good and is speaking so much better.  When her mom picked her up her mouth was all blue, she had been eating Bronco chips and the blue die was all over her mouth she obviously enjoyed them.  Her mom was glad to see her still in the same outfit and was proud of her for not wetting her panties. 

I spent the day cutting up three small goat and grinding meat, I mixed it with some brisket and some pork loin, that way it makes for nice burgers and meatloaves plus Poppie can get to like the taste.  I was cutting up the two littlest one when I decided use their four upper back legs as shanks much like lamb shank.  I seasoned and flour them, seared them and braise them in chicken broth with au jus and tomatoes.  They thickened in to a nice red gravy after four hours in my dutch oven.  I served them with mashed garlic potatoes.  Poppie loved his, the kids all ate theirs, all had seconds.   I think goat meat is becoming more of a win win at our house.  I just can't imagine people who love their goats, and boy babies are a natural part of having goats not respecting their animal enough to eat them and respecting their sacrifice as sustenance to their bodies.  I know you can sell them but really aren't they getting eaten somewhere down the line, man up and love them so you can care for them to their end.  I love my goats and loving them has resposiblities to the harvest.  I ended up with over 50 pounds of meat. I made up small package of plain goat meat to take to the Preacher and Pianist, I am also taking Violinist and V-Mom a package of the mixed. 

I have kids again today but Poppie will be gone this morning, he is feeling a little better but I am sure he will over do it and be sore again this afternoon.  I have some longies to make and some handles to pen and ink, then photos and listings.  That is between, diapering a baby and a baby goat, feeding both bottles and one is now eating fruit on a spoon.  She also likes smile and talk time, two almost three year olds and a three year old.  Boy will be at pre-school and won't be home until after Poppie is home. Busy morning, and there is laundry, dishes...... I am glad it is coffee time, just thinking of my day is getting exhausting.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....