Monday, March 19, 2012

I missed a day of blogging for the first time, Lady and I had a day away.

Got up early spent some time with my grandkids, discovered that my modem had bit the big one, called to make arrangements for a new one, a blessing of blessings, I had plans to go to Zootown so I made arrangements to pick it up.  Saved 10 buck and 10 days of waiting with out my Internet. I drove Lady to the Zoo for an appointment.  I had to make a call to Poppie so stayed in the car to make the call. I couldn't figure out how to get the key out of the ignition but finally stumbled on to the solution.  I went in the building to wait for Lady and we then returned a short while later.  We approached the car when Lady noticed the lights were on.  She asked if I had heard a buzzer, I hadn't but apparently there had been one as we couldn't start the car.  We tried for over an hour to figure out why, it didn't appear that the battery was dead but after much trial and error, and one call to her hubbie, and the dealership, the nice man with a jump starter kindly helped us and away we went.  We picked up the modem and did a little shopping and came home.  I am sure I will not be driving Ladies car again soon, but should by shear chance, I be asked to again I will know the ins and outs of proper key handling, light switch management and be more comfortable at my task.

I spent the last hour trying to lode the modem hardware, that was supposed to come right up, I finally gave up and called tech support, the nicest young man with the patience of Job helped me.  He finally got me on task and got my modem up and running.  He was almost surprised when I thanked him and wished him a good evening, after my case all has to be up hill for him tonight.  He was really nice and pleasant to work with.  I am now tired and thought I would tell the world I am not dead, so the reports or my death are truly just a rumor.  I do know that those of you that have been counting know that I haven't missed blogging for the first time in over 423 times or close to four hundred days.  I will be back in the morning bright and shiny as a penny but for now I an tired and going off to bed.  A long day and I am hoping for a nice sleep.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....