Sunday, March 25, 2012

My friend is off to say her last goodbyes. Church and friends and when?

I got a message first thing this morning from one of my dearest friends.  She is off to be there for her sister, and her family together, for the last time.  She has known this day would come sooner than she is ready for.  She has prepared herself for the inevitability of the time but do you ever really get there until you are there?  Her sister has had cancer for around a year, I think, but am not entirely sure really for how long.  My friend got to go visit her sister last summer when her sister was still healthy enough for them to spend some good time together.  The time was not long enough for what they faced but they got to share the time they did. She came home knowing that the next time she got to spend time with her sister it would be hard to face and she tried to prepare herself for that day, I am not sure you can really prepare for the inevitable but she had time to try.  Today is the day she has tried to prepare for.  She is having a doubly hard time with her sisters dying as she like me is the oldest.  I think being the oldest is many ways is like being the mother, we are not prepared to out live our younger siblings.  She is going down with her mother so maybe the shared time and the shared strength will add some comfort to the tasks they both must do. They will have each other as support while they try to help their sister and daughter, her husband and kids, through these last days together.  I pray the Lord gives my friend all the strength she will need, the ability to share all her love for them, be what her sister needs during her time of going home.  I can't imagine the pain and hurt she will have to endure as I have never been asked to go through it by the Lord.  My friend has had to go through the passing of her dear in laws so I am sure she know better than I what is in store for her but that doesn't make the pain for her sister and her loss less. I can't take the pain from her, or really help her got through it but I can pray, in some ways that is so little to do for my friend but in other ways it is a great deal I can do for her.  I just pray for her love to spread a peace and balm on the ones she loves and that they all come to a place that gives them peace in these last days.  The Lord's will be done and Godspeed to my dear friends lovely sister.

Church this morning, we do so love our time with the Lord.  I think the Preacher was asking what Church means last week, he also had a Greek word that explained it, I know I don't remember what it was, shameful of me in ways.  Church to me has always meant being in a family of God.  I am not sure I am supposed to think that but that is the way God has always made the right church feel to me.  I get to go to Church and spend the time with God and my family in God, if not my family of blood.  I can't imagine a more peaceful, loving thing to do of a Sunday morning.  It gives me strength and the love of God each Sunday to go through my week.  God so loves us,  he did after all send us his son and who so ever believeth in him shall no die.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....