Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Poppie, spent the day teaching soap making with a "kid" in a diaper, well two.

Today, just 32 short years ago, or maybe an eon ago, I married the most wonderful man there is.  He is quiet and steady, a man of few words with a big heart, and for some mysterious reason he loves me.  He loves me as I am thick or thin, mouthy or not, anger or loving, he completes me and God sent him to be my soul mate what a wonderful blessing that is.  God gave me a lifetime of being loved just as I am and there is no more special gift I could have gotten from the Lord.  He is the love of my life and not sure I would be who I am without him.  Poppie, I love you more than you will probably ever know, and that you love me in return is more than enough in this life.  Maybe I just figured out why I am not that material, I have it all so don't want for other things....hmmm.  Happy Anniversary, I love you.

Yesterday, Mokie, Cubbie, Bubbie, Pansy and I got off to a good start then we had to give Bug a ride up to the house so end up being a little late instead of a little early but no one seemed to mind or complain.  I went to teach soap making to my mom's friend from her church and two of my friends.  One was my mom's friend from my childhood, but now is mine as well, the other a friend of hers that she had introduced me to on Facebook.  Sadly I didn't recognise her and made a faux pas by telling them my friend Sunny had sent a crochet technique I would love to share.  I then got to meet her for real, to funny.  The tip was worth sharing though.  I hope they all leaned something, as I can be a confusing person to keep up with.  I talked for awhile about how you can't get white goat milk soap unless it is powdered goat milk, milk caramelizes and colors the soap. How to test if it has too much lye in it if you buy it from some one else.  How it sponifies 99 percent of the lye from the soap in the first 48 hours, the other one percent takes 2 to 6 week, and the older it is the milder it is.  I explained the difference in sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide, which is more like the ashes the soap was made out of a hundred years ago.  So, I talked too much, I do that. We made french milled soap, shampoo style and luxurious body bars.  I taught them to make laundry soap liquid.  I taught them to make cold cold process, and cold process soap.  I may go back for a second engagement and teach them to make liquid soap, with the potassium hydroxide and hot process soap, all the ones we made yesterday were sodium hydroxide based.  Thanks so much to Priscilla for coming to my rescue and giving me sodium hydroxide when I was out and waiting for a new shipment.  You saved me.  My mom made a super lunch and a good time was had by all, I think.  I made new friends and strengthened ties with old.

Mokie, Cubbie and Bubbie visited with Grandpa, Grandma and the triplets.  All thought the baby goat, a kid, was a lot of fun.  She had her diaper on, she ran around and they got to bottle feed her.  She has definitely more of the diary build than the Boer.  She slept in her giant purse that Mokie took her in.  She was well received.  My mom got to hold her great grand daughter, and almost didn't give her back, so this was nice that they got to spend time together.  All in all a great time was had by all.  The girls are going to go stay at their grandparents house this evening so Poppie and I will have the evening to ourselves.  Not sure we are doing anything but just having alone time but we will see what the day brings..... tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure this will work, Debbie...I'm SO computer illiterate in many ways, but just had to say for all who read your blog, YOU are amazing!!! You didn't talk too much. LOL! I DO know I NEVER want to make soap, but have so much RESPECT for those who do!! It is NOT quick and easy. I LOVE how you jump into whatever you are doing and take it to a new level!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Sunny (who has changed dramatically in 10 years! giggle!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny, thank you so much, maybe I missed my calling, being a teacher, but then maybe being a Mom is the same thing. I can't wait to meet again and let you teach me something, you already gave me the courage to buy a pressure canner and USE it.

    Hugs and Blessings, ( can't imagine what you were like 10 years aga?) Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....