Monday, March 5, 2012

Herbalist and I are going walk about. Shopping, travel and maybe a visit planned.

Herbalist has to have Mishka's momma spay today so we are off to Wild Horse, we are to be there around 8 ish or so.  I found out she was going and since I had missed our last planned outing I ask if she wanted company so we are off on an adventure this morning, and afternoon.  We don't have to pick the dog up until around 4 so will have a number of hours to go to little places in the general area. We are planning to go up to Thompson, hit the Amish store and the never ending second hand store.  We are then going to trek backwards and got to the Amish store in Mission, or maybe we will do it the other way round not sure but we will be on a walk about journey for sure.  We will stop to see Twin, if she is home, we may get to see the mushrooms the she is growing.  We are both avid mushroomers.  Poppie is going to make me a mushroom shed as soon and we put the new stalls in the barn for the goaties.  He is also going to dig me a cellar that will have some in it as well, but for now those are future projects.  Herbalist and I are just going to have to harvest the ones in my garden until then, I did find a few in the wood.  Mokie and I hunt them in the woods for Herbalist and Professor for the ones they make the "tea" out of.  I am finding that the tea is helping my health in a way I am starting to notice so that is good.  I am going to add cinnamon, not the goat, and honey to my morning routine as well.  Twin posted photos of her mushrooms growing on their logs and some in strata I think, can't wait the see them.  I am sure I will be wore out after a day of coming and going with the Herbalist.

Poppie will go out and help Professor for a little while and then finish up a picture frame he got an order for.  I sanded antlers yesterday so have a bunch to get done.  I have more to carve and since the carving room is warming up a bit I feel the incentive to do it and the calling calling me.  We played in the goat pen and feed animals after church yesterday.  Mishka is really starting to learn her jobs.  She is beginning to understand who belongs on our property day and night, she makes rounds and is starting to show interest in the goats.  Several times this week at night she has guarded at night barked to alert us of something different and wouldn't leave it when called in.  She will take care of our family from the dangers that are out and about in our yard, animal and or human.

Church was wonderful again, Sister and the Little, came.  I think they enjoyed it.  God will call to them as he sees fit and they will work out if it is the place for Sister and the Little between them.  Next week is potluck, they are calling it Mexican feast.  The girls and I signed up to bring tamale pie, apple pie and fry bread.   There were apples, some one had donated for any ones use, we took some for making the pies this week.  They are granny smith so the very best kind.  There were 7 children at church that was wonderful.  The Preacher made note that a growing and balanced church had all peoples.  Children, aged, singles, married, middle aged, grandparents and mothers to be, all were included in our group, how blessed we were.  Poppie dug out his suit, that he wore to both the girls weddings, said I need to get him some good going to Church shoes.  Poppie has never asked me for Church shoes, ever.  He told me he had to spend more time with his Bible so he could find the scriptures we were studing faster.  How gladden I am so see Poppie being called by the Lord.  The Little asked if she could have one of the daily scripture readers and the Preacher was so proud the she would want one to read for herself.  She was proud the have one and I am sure she will read her scriptures or the ones from the reader, how blessed she will be and she spread sunshine to others doing it.  The Ladies had written notes in response to Pianists lovely notes of encouragement this week.  She was excited that they loved their notes and happy to receive notes in return.  We are happy to be building relationships in our new Church, the Preacher's sermon was about the relationships we have in our lives, the good ones, the bad ones and the ones we should not make.  He said the word of God should speak to each of us differently through him each week, God truly spoke to our needs this week, I know it must have to others as well..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....