Monday, March 12, 2012

Lady Knitter to teach me to spin, Potluck was great, a snowy blizzard surprised us.

We had a great time at Church, and what a nice potluck, it was called the Mexican feast.  We all brought our favorite renditions of Mexican foods.  We had enchiladas, tamale pie, two different rice dishes and salsa Verde chicken.  Pinto beans, chips and salsa, Coleslaw, various drinks, apple pies, Chocolate hot fudge Pie, and carrot cake.  All had a wonderful time eating and sharing bonding conversations.  We cleaned up and then had an afternoon singing, the children proudly sang song for our enjoyment.  We prayed then put the senior citizens building to rights and all were off to our own homes. 

We got home to find Thor starting his truck, it hasn't been run since Poppie had his accident, as he couldn't actually drive the clutch and we couldn't fill it up enough to warrant taking it in the woods.  It takes about 4 cord to fill it so there was not much point in taking it.  I did the chores, checked the does and their babies.  The piglets were all fat and sassy.  The momma sow loudly ask for her food.  I feed the rabbits, the girls had taken some items from the Preacher up to Sister, and ended up staying to watch a movie with the Little. I finished up the rabbits, and the bucks then came in the house. The time change is always such a hard time of adjustment.  I am getting more and more on the side of the people who wonder why it is even necessary anymore.  I read a comment this week that was attributed to an old native American saying.  "Only the government would think that cutting the top end of a blanket off and sewing it to the bottom end of a blanket would make it longer!"  duh, still the same amount of hours in a day, it just makes us more tired and causes extra accidents on the highways, what is the point?  We had a sudden burst of blowing winds and huge flakes of snow blowing down sideways and as quick as it began it was gone, it is truly spring, no better sign than that.  Sunshine and blowing snow and then a pleasant evening.

Today I am off to Lady Knitter's house to learn to spin, I have been reading up on it and exploring the possibility of getting a spinning wheel, a picker, a drum carder, carders and all the other equipment.  I have several wonderful friend that know all or part of the process or have equipment and wool to let me learn without putting out all the money up front.  I hope to be able to decide if I can do it well and enjoy it enough to justify the costs.  I think in the end it will be something I will truly enjoy.  I do still have to learn to use my knitting machine but it is costing me nothing to have it.  I do need to buy a manual for it but can't justify the 50 dollars it will cost me at this time or better yet someone who has actually used a knitting machine that might help me learn to use it.  I am still hoping to bag a second machine with one or find a used one, I actually want the dvd copy when I finally break down and buy it.  I have a copy on vcr but it won't play, I didn't actually buy it without one it just doesn't work.  I can't wait to spend time with Lady Knitter learning a new craft, I helped her learn to knit, but as she is alot like me I only taught her a few baby steps she did the work and the learning on her own merit.  I have work to do this morning, hopefully pen and inking and when off on an afternoon adventure..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....