Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Laminating, Maybe to a birthday at Church later, a day of work good for the soul.

Poppie is off to do the last finishing touches of Belle's dishwasher.  The girls and I are going to start in the laundry room, we are going to move totes of material to the studio so we can restock it with the soap making supplies from the kitchen and wool from the tables I have been sewing on all winter in the front room.  Once we get the laundry room situated we will tackle the office.  We are hoping to get to make it into a sewing room with all three machines or maybe four set up and ready to go to create at any given moment.  The ladies have several sewing projects they can make they just need their own special space that the "kids" can't invade.  I am hoping Poppie will eventually make me a couple set of cubbies for the purposes of storage in there, no, not Cubbie, what a mess that would be in my sewing room.  I am going to box my knitting machine until I can actually learn or get brave enough to learn to use it.  I am hoping the spinning wheel will fit in the space it has occupied for the last year.  That should get all our many projects out of the front room and we can start the arduous task of moving the furniture and stove out of the front room so we can lay laminate.  I am not sure I will get to paint, I had originally thought of painting with the carpet still in the room, so I wouldn't get the under flooring dirty before we lay the laminate but have decided the carpet needs to be cleaned as it does clean up real nice.  Once it is clean we will cut and roll it up so we can install it in the studio, there is more than enough to floor the studio and it would add warmth to the floor as well as finishing the unfinished floors.  A win win sort of. Poppie really wants to put in a set of french door off the back of the living room where one of the large window is.  We think we could put a private patio back there that is fenced so the little dogs couldn't get out so would have to option of putting them into a small fenced yard.  We have the fence to finish the last of the big yard, the old pond and the garden so the whole yard will be fenced.  We had thought of putting a gate at the end of the drive that had access to Mokies but you couldn't watch the kids come and go all the way so have opted to keep a gate in the garden where we can see them go all the way from one house to the other.  We will have to reroute the path so it no longer goes across the garden, but around, but still safer than the kids going down the drive.  We are still going to put the fence half way down the drive to give more room to the dogs and goats to be in the yard.  We have really expanded the grassy yard area so that will be nice.  I am hoping to have good grass by the 4th of July,  I think this year we want to try roasting a whole pig, at our regular block party and maybe some friends, family and Church family will be invited. 

Today is one of the ladies at Churches birthday so there will be cake and ice cream after, the girls and I are going to go.  Poppie has a real difficult time setting more than a short time so in concentrating his attendance on Sundays but the ladies and I will be going.  I found some material among my many totes that I will give her with the promise of making it into a skirt or a few skirts if I can find more that is suitable for her.  I think a good hard day of working with the ones you love, then going to praise the Lord with loving church family is the prescription the ladies and I need to put our soul to rest and at peace..... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I value your comments and appreciate your time to read my blog....